DIY King size bed?

So I want to make a cheap king size bed out of 2 twin matresses and a king size matress topper. Can anyone suggest how I can keep the beds together from sliding around and how can I secure the topper to the beds? Anyone know if this is gonna work? Be a hell of alot cheaper than buying a king size bed!!!

Hi treonn,

Post #8 here may be helpful and there is more feedback about split king mattresses in this topic as well.

Your mattress protector and sheets will keep the topper in position.

You can read some thoughts about buying a mattress/topper combination in post #2 here. Unless you can test a specific combination in person there can be some some additional uncertainty and risk involved with this approach because buying a topper that is a good “match” for both you and the mattress you purchase can sometimes be almost as difficult as buying a mattress itself. You may also find that it will be less costly to buy a mattress which already has the same materials inside the mattress as buying a separate topper and you may also lessen the risk of buying a base mattress that has some lower quality materials in the upper layers which may be subject to softening even with a topper on top of them.

Phoenix

If they are regular twins they will be shorter than a normal King. You need twin XL (extra long) to equal a normal king. If you aren’t tall or are use to sleeping on a regular twin, that may not bother you but it may mean the topper doesn’t fit right.

Hi colorfinger,

Nice catch … their mention of twin vs twin XL went right by me and as you mentioned would likely lead to “compatibility” issues if their topper, foundation, or bedframe was a king size.

Phoenix