DIY Latex Mattress Help - SUPER firm base layer

NOTE: This was originally a reply to this post and has been transferred to a new topic. More background information is in this thread and in some of your other posts here (added for reference as this thread develops).

I agree with your 6 points dn!

I too have been experimenting, trying to come up with a comfortable solution/combo for my mattress.
I thought I would ask you and Phoenix f you have any ideas for me to try.

I have 3 -3" natural talalay, N3, N4, N5. Right now I have it arranged from top to bottom, N4, N3, N5, or 32 ild, 26 ild, 38 ild. I cut the top of my mattress cover completely off. It was a quilted organic cotton with wool. This cover was so thick and stiff that I could not even tell that there was latex inside. I have the 3 pieces in the bottom of this case and covered with a St. Dormer pad. I have also done N3, N4, N5 and with this I have good alignment but when I add to it a comfort layer, my hips sink to much and I get sciatica.
I am used to firm innersprings and I do not like sinking down into a mattress. For latex to be comfortable do you have to sink deeply into it?

I cannot sleep on the talalay alone, way too firm. I am 5’5" 125lbs. and a side sleeper. So, I have these materials to create a comfort layer.
1. wool fleece topper, 1 1/2 inch with a thick/ stiff poly backing.
2. 2" dunlop topper, 14 ild, mostly synthetic
3. 1 1/2 inch omalon convoluted foam, supposedly 22ild, 2.7 density
4. thick poly/bamboo mattress pad with elastic sides. soft but not too supportive
5. 1 1/2 inch 2.7 memory foam - will return this… felt hard.

So, I’ve tried so many combinations… my head is spinning. The best is probably when I layer all of these on top. wool topper on top of mattress, then dunlop topper, then omalon foam, then poly/bamboo mattress pad.

I have had so many aches, pains, nerve issues after I bought my mattress. Never had these issues before. I’d like to just scrape this all mattress and start over but I still want to try to fix it. Am I overlooking something, a better solution for a comfort layer? I do feel that latex on the very top does not feel right, maybe too bouncy? My body does not rest well on it… at least the pieces that I have. I did try some talalay toppers in a store and I felt the same jiggly yet hard pressure from them. I believe that I need 3" of soft yet supportive foam or wool or a combo. I want firm support along with pressure relief.

I see that IKEA has toppers now so I may check them out if they are returnable.

Any suggestions from would be much appreciated. I am really close to giving up.

Thanks