DIY Mattress Cover for children's bed

Does anyone know where I can buy a mattress cover only? Not a topper or a pad but the covering they use to encase a latex mattress. I am loyal to local business and I have found a small mattress supplier in my area that can supply a 6" thick latex Dunlap core for my 3 year old son but I am not impressed with the options for their outer layers. I would like to buy the core local and order an organic cotton w/ wool filling outer layer to encase the latex pad. thank you for any suggestions.

Hi Patropolis,

The better online sources for mattress covers I’m aware of that includes a range of different types of covers are listed in the DIY component list here.

Phoenix

Thank you for the quick reply. Trying to decide between sleepez and as I previously mentioned local supplier and online cover. Still waiting to make sure the distributor of the 6" core is legit and has the credentials you recommend before making any orders. Funny how a week ago I was ready to buy a Simmons before I fell down the mattress rabbit hole researching for my son.
Thanks

Hi Patropolis,

I’m not sure who you are dealing with but it may be worth doing a forum search on your local supplier just in case they are mentioned on the forum.

You’re probably not the only one that has become friends with Alice :slight_smile:

You may have read this already but just in case post #2 here and the topics it links to has much more information about mattresses and children that may be helpful as well although it sounds like you are already considering some good quality choices.

Phoenix