Does the Ultimate Dreams mattress hold up?

Hello! Let me start by saying that I am so grateful for all of you that have contributed to this site! I love the wealth of knowledge here and the willingness to be so helpful!

I think I’ve decided on the Ultimate dreams latex bed. Before pulling the trigger I wanted to get a sense of how this bed holds up over time. This is the one with the 1.lb polyform and the 3in talalay. There have been some great reviews on here and on Amazon, however on a few sites, people have proclaimed that the bed gets indentations within the first two years. Some have mentioned that its SO bad that they can’t even sleep.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback in their experience.

Some info: I am 32yrs - 5.10’ - 220lbs. I am a back sleeper and side sleeper mostly. I wanted to order in the 5-6 range for firmness level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi azngeek,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The Dreamfoam mattress uses 1.5 lb polyfoam in the support core of the mattress (not 1.0 lb).

You can see some comments about the quality/density of the materials and the durability of this mattress in post #3 here and there are also some comments about the small percentage of reviews that mention sagging in post #2 here that should be helpful.

You are at the border of the weight range where 1.5 lb polyfoam would still be a suitable choice (in this budget range especially) and would probably have a relatively small effect on the durability and useful life of the mattress although it would have “some” effect compared to those that are in a lighter weight range.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then I would make sure you talk with them on the phone about your firmness choice because the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation on the phone with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or even to other mattresses that they happen to be familiar with) than anyone else.

Just in case you weren’t aware of it as well … if you purchase a Dreamfoam mattress directly from the Dreamfoam site instead of Amazon then there is an additional 10% discount and you would also have the benefit of their 45 day comfort guarantee as well.

Phoenix

pretty much in the same position, looking to snag the queen ultimate dreams and having a lot of the same qualms, not to mention the fact that the return policy is a bit unfriendly, especially when considering the other options that offer longer trials and free-er returns.

oh, and i have been lurking here for a few days soaking up everything i can about mattresses, so thanks as well!!

Hi quokka,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us as well.

Hopefully after reading the previous reply your qualms have been put to rest … unless of course you are in a much higher than average weight range.

I would keep in mind that “free” return or exchange policies are built in to the cost of a mattress where the majority of customers who don’t return a mattress pay for the minority that do (see post #25 here).

Phoenix

have been sleeping on this mattress for a week and its great. would never have known about it if not for hearing about it on this forum. thanks to everyone!!!

i got the standard rating (i think 6) and i have read that a lot of people say that it is still too firm. i find it to be exactly as advertised - a little more plush than neutral. didnt have any smell either.

Hi quokka,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and it’s great to hear that you chose a firmness level that seems to be a good “match” for you as well.

Phoenix