Dream foam latex mattress

I would like to purchase a latex mattress as I had one when I was teen. I am well past those days now and with all the info. out there it is some what confusing. Amazon has the dream foam line that seems to garner descent reviews, or is it better to spend a few more $$ and buy from BB or Arizona mattress? We currently sleep on a Simmons Beauty Rest Exceptional world class. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cooperman,

Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding as well as Arizona Mattress are both members of the site which means that I believe they are among the best quality and value available.

I’m not sure which mattresses you are looking at but you can read a little more about the differences between a latex/polyfoam hybrid and an all latex mattress in post #2 here if that is part of the comparisons you are making.

As you can read in post #2 here … final choices can be difficult but once you have eliminated the worst choices (and both of the manufacturers you mentioned would be great choices) then it’s really up to the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Forum searches on both will also bring up lots more information and feedback from other forum members.

Phoenix

Is the base foam of the dream foam made of high quality materials? What would the noticeable differences be between a latex core and the poly foam with same talalay top layer, or is it more a matter of durability?

Hi Cooperman,

The base foams range from 1.5 lbs to 2.35 lbs.

They are all good quality/value in their price range yes (of course higher priced mattresses use higher quality/performance materials) but there are differences between the different models.

They are open and transparent about the base foam they use in each of their mattresses though and the foam density is listed in the description in most cases (and if you call them they will tell you the details of the one you are looking at if it isn’t listed) or if you let me know which model you are looking at I can probably point you to more information or some comments about it as well.

You can see my thoughts about an all latex mattress vs a latex polyfoam hybrid in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
Two of the mattresses I am looking at are the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Eurotop latex and the Ecosleep Cassidy latex.
Thanks.

Hi Cooperman,

Both of these use good quality materials but are also quite different.

The Ultimate Dreams Eurotop is a latex / polyfoam hybrid which uses 3" of Talalay in the top layer and has a base layer of high quality polyfoam and has a polyfoam quilting layer with a bamboo cover. One of the main advantages of this mattress is that you can choose the ILD (softness level) of the 3" latex comfort layer so you can customize it to your own personal needs and preferences and can exchange it for a different firmness choice if you need to at a reasonable cost. In the king size you can also spit the top layer to have it softer on one side than the other for couples who have different needs and preferences. This design (with a customizable and exchangeable top layer) is similar in concept to some of the mattresses that they sell on their own Brooklyn Bedding site except the layer exchange options for the mattresses on their own site is more liberal and has no cost involved.

The Ecosleep Cassidy is an all latex mattress which uses higher quality materials in the deeper layers and in some places also has very good value but there are no options to choose your comfort level or customize it after a purchase. If you have tested it in person it could make a good choice if you know that it is suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). If you would be buying it online without testing it first then your confidence in its suitability would be a significant part of its “value” because it has no ability to customize it or make changes after a purchase and no matter what the quality or value of a mattress … it would have little value to you if it wasn’t suitable for your needs and preferences.

Both of these could make good quality/value choices depending on which parts of your personal value equation are most important to you.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
This mattress stuff is quite confusing. There is a local(30 miles) mattress store called Healthy Bed Store that sells Pure Latex Bliss and Savvy, Your thoughts on those two. I really like the adjustability of the Flo beds Mattresses.

Hi Coopermaqn,

You’ve probably seen this but Healthy Bed is one of the local “possibilities” that are included on the Sacramento list in post #5 here.

Both Pure Latex Bliss and Savvy Rest use high quality materials and are good quality mattresses but Savvy Rest can be significantly overpriced compared to some other very similar mattresses. The “value” of the PLB line depends on the store and the prices (which can vary a lot) but they are generally “better than average value” compared to mainstream brands but not in the same value range as many of the other latex options that may be available to you.

A forum search on Savvy Rest (you can just click this) will bring up much more information about them and some comparisons to other mattresses that are similar (layers that can be re-arranged or exchanged including FloBeds which are one of the recommended members of this site and have some unique customization options with their vZone).

Phoenix