Dream Foam Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress getting soft

I purchased a Dream Foam Ultimate Dreams Queen Size Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress about a year and a half ago. It was great for over a year but now it’s getting noticeably softer and I’m starting to have some back issues. I was just wondering how long I should expect before that happens?

Hi disalex,

While there is no way to quantify how long any mattress will last for a specific person or predict exactly when you will decide to replace it because it is no longer suitable or comfortable for you (because this is the only real measure of durability or the useful life of a mattress that really matters) because there are too many unknowns and variables involved that are unique to each person … if a mattress is well inside a suitable comfort/support range and isn’t close to the edge of being too soft when it is new (see post #2 here) and you have confirmed that they meet the minimum quality/durability specs relative to your body type and weight that are suggested in the quality/guidelines then it would be reasonable to expect a useful lifetime in the range of 7 - 10 years and with higher quality and more durable materials like latex or higher density memory foam or polyfoam (in the comfort layers especially) it would likely be in the higher end of the range or even longer and the chances that you would have additional “bonus time” would be higher as well.

There is more about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress in post #4 here.

Some of the information in post #4 here may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

Thank you for the comprehensive reply. After reading the information you provided I suspect my mattress must have been on the “edge” of too soft so it didn’t take a lot of softening to cause issues. Kind of bummed though as I hoped to get a few years out the mattress!

Hi disalex,

While it’s difficult to “fix” a mattress that is too soft without removing and replacing the comfort layers … some of the suggestions in post #4 here may be helpful.

Phoenix