dream foam ultimate freedom or sleep ez 8"

Please help,
I am trying to decide between dream foams ultimate freedom synthetic latex mattress and sleep ez 8" natural latex.
I can’t find any reviews on the ultimate freedom, anyone here know about it?
It costs 800 dollars for 3 layers (9" ) of synthetic latex. The s!keep ez costs 1250 for 1 2" layer of natural talalay and 2 3" layers of natural dunlop

Hi bill,

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

SleepEZ and Dreamfoam are both members of this site which means I think very highly of both of them and they both compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

As you mentioned the SleepEZ mattress uses 100% natural Dunlop in the two bottom layers and 100% natural Talalay in the top layer. All of these are very high quality and durable materials and there are no weak links in the mattress. Since it is a component latex mattress you can rearrange the layers to change the comfort or support of the mattress but you also have the option to exchange a layer for a different firmness level if you need to as well.

The Freedom mattress uses synthetic continuous pour Dunlop made by Mountaintop Foam which is a lower cost version of latex although it’s also a very durable material and there are no weak links in this mattress either. There is more about the Freedom mattress and synthetic continuous pour Dunlop in post #2 here and in posts #3 and #5 here. A forum search on “Freedom” (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments and feedback about it as well.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

You are certainly looking at some great options and once you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” and none of them have any obvious weak links or lower quality materials in their design and if there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that either of them would likely be a suitable choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your material preferences, your conversations with each of them, their prices, the return/exchange options they have, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thanks for the quick reply.
A few more facts for me to consider, I am 5’ 9" and weigh 240. I have Parkinson’s disease and it can be difficult to turn in bed. I spend a lot of time lying
in bed. Do you think the dream foam freedom will hold up well? I am a side sleeper sometimes on stomach. I’m looking at queen size. As i mentioned the freedom is over 200 dollars less then the sleep ez and is 9" thick compared to 8"

Hi bill,

In a suitable firmness level all types and blends of latex would be a durable choice yes and would be suitable for your body weight but I would make sure you talk with both of them on the phone about the firmness of the layers that would have the best chance of success in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because stomach sleepers and heavier body types will usually do best with firmer layers than those that don’t sleep on their stomach or are in lighter weight ranges.

Phoenix