Dreamfoam 1.8 support layer vs 2.0 support layer

Hello,
I’m new here and would like to thank this community for all of the informative posts. I am stuck between the Dreamfoam UD Latex (1.8lbs support layer) and Dreamfoam UD Europillow top (2.0lbs support layer). Both constructions seem very similar and the exchangeable comfort layer doesn’t seem to appealing to me (I am usually a 7 or 8 on the firmness scale and I’m comfortable in most beds labeled firm). My main concern is I’m a pretty heavy person and I was wondering if I’d be sacrificing support by going the with the lower density UD latex model. I will probably only use this bed for a year (or two at most) as I am in Chicago on a contract and will be headed back home after it is up so I am not too worried about losing support over time.

Any and all info is appreciated!

Hi heavysleeper2009,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Yes, the 2 lb density would be preferred to the 1.8 lb for someone of a higher BMI, but for the short term (1-2 years) I wouldn’t be as concerned regarding the durability. The UD Eurotop does have two more inches of polyfoam in the core and as you mentioned the upper panel is exchangeable, but if you think that you respond well to a “typical” firmer mattress (remember Dreamfoam’s scale starts with firm at a 1 and soft at a 10), you may choose to go with a more “basic” configuration of a “firmer” UD Latex mattress with a configuration around a “3-4” or whatever they might recommend in a phone call. The difference would come down to your personal preference of the ability to customize, which it sounds like you’re “comfortable” without having that option.

FYI, post #3 here has more information and suggestions about heavier weights that is worth reading.

I’ll be interested in learning of the results of any phone conversations you may have with Dreamfoam, and any decisions that you might make.

Phoenix