Dreamfoam 12in1 Sag

I have this bed for about 2 weeks now and have been sleeping in it by myself? I noticed it’s softer in the middle as opposed to the sides. Should this happen if i spend most of the time in the middle? Thanks.

BTW, I have the mattress on the ground. We just built a new den and have a brand new rug which the mattress is on. The bed is coming in a few days,

Hi Mstrlucky74,

Yes … all new mattresses will go through an initial softening period where the foams lose their “false firmness” and the covers stretch and loosen a little. It would be a good idea to sleep in different areas of the mattress at first so the initial softening and break in will be more even. The mattress uses high quality foam so once it is broken in then any further foam softening will happen much more gradually and over a much longer period of time. It’s also a good idea to rotate the mattress regularly (see post #2 here) and because your mattress has individual layers you can also flip the layers individually (or at least the top layer if you wish) as well from time to time.

If your current layering is too soft for you after the break in period then you can also rearrange the layers to change the comfort or support of the mattress.

Phoenix

Thank you. One other question. If I wanted to could I just flip the entire mattress over?

Hi Mstrlucky74,

In theory yes because the mattress has a quilted cover on both sides … but it would completely change the feel and performance of the mattress since the order of the layering inside and the quilted surface you were sleeping on would all be completely different.

Phoenix

Thanks