Dreamfoam bedding ultimate dreams supreme 12" gel mattress

Just pulled the trigger on the ultimate dreams supreme 12" gel mattress! I hope I love it! Really like the idea of sleeping cooler!

Love this sight and really appreciate the work of Phoenix and the reports of others.

Thanks y’all :slight_smile:

Hi JB,

I changed the title of your topic to include the name of the mattress you purchased.

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I will certainly do that! Thanks :slight_smile:

I just wanted to give a very late update in case it would help anyone. This mattress was for guest bedroom. It is a pretty nice mattress. Not too firm, not too soft. Seems like maybe right in the middle…

Hi JB,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update with your comments and feedback … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Going to pick up one of these as well. We are tired of our extra firm Sealy we paid $3k for, which is like sleeping on the floor. Thanks for these forums, and turning us on to this brand. Will update how well it works out for us. :silly:

Looking forward to your update. This is on my list of possibles!

Hi elbozi,

Thanks for letting us know what you decided to purchase … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you are certainly making a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

@cjjok,

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular store or business can certainly be very helpful … I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress so I would be very cautious about about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

There is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix

Hi all,

I have also made the plunge and am getting ready to order an Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel mattress (queen size). I will try to update with the results after a couple months. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice on this site!

CW

Hi cw2112:

I look forward to your updates!

Phoenix

Seriously thinking of purchasing this bed. Please give your feedback.

Hi JeanneS,

As you’ve posted a similar question across three threads, I answered your question with comments about these mattresses, as well as using reviews and other people’s opinions to guide your decision making process, in one spot in post #6 here.

Phoenix