DreamFoam did not return my call

Wanting to make a connection with DreamFoam and ask questions before buying one of their mattresses, I placed a call to their land line this am, got a voice mail, left my contact information, with no return call.

Frustrated, I finally chatted with Brooklyn Bedding on their website, but these are not the same mattresses, and are more $$ than what I would like to spend.

Iā€™m in sales, and if I treated my customers by not returning their inquiries, I wouldnā€™t be in business very long.

Is this a common ocurrance with DreamFoam? Whatā€™s the best way to contact these folks?

Hi Amache,

I think in most cases it would be ā€œnormalā€ to expect a return call in about 24 hours or so from most online manufacturers or retailers although although this will also depend on how busy they are and the number of calls they are getting. Most smaller manufacturers donā€™t have a whole ā€œdepartmentā€ that answers phone calls so the time it takes can vary from time to time. If for some reason they donā€™t call you back by tomorrow then I would try again.

Phoenix

Iā€™m going to chime in here ā€¦ Phoenix please correct me if im wrong.

I have had the pleasure of dealing with both Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam. Brooklyn Bedding some time ago and Dreamfoam just recently. As most are aware of they are sister companiesā€¦ many of their mattresses use the same components (4lb gel foam in one is the same as the other) and dream foam offers theirs and a much reasonable rate.

I can only assume that a mattress of similar quality offered on one site for hundreds of dollars less then their sister site when most of the materials are from the same source would come at a price. I believe the price is in the overhead of the company, and I almost want to believe Chuck is Dreamfoam and Dreamfoam is Chuck.

So if your in the market for a great mattress at a great price with no frills then purchase with Dreamfoam ā€¦ if your looking for customer service, return policy, and comfort selection then shop with Brooklyn Bedding. In order for them to offer a mattress at such a low rate costs have to be cut somewhere ā€¦ now take that same mattress offered at their brick and mortar store though they are identical the price will go upā€¦just to cover the overhead.

Its really not poor customer service ā€¦ its actually great customer serviceā€¦ its a great product offered dirt cheapā€¦and their doing at the cost of customer service. If their customer service goes up then expect the price of their product to reflect it. I just ordered from them ā€¦ i called Chuck answered, we spoke briefly, i placed my order, i got the invoice then the tracking and have and arrival date that will be less then 10 daysā€¦As far as I am concerned their is nothing wrong with their customer service.

Hi TandL,

While itā€™s certainly true that some of the materials that both companies use is the same ā€¦ some are also different and Brooklyn Bedding uses some higher cost/quality materials that arenā€™t used in the Dreamfoam mattresses (such as their 2.17 lb base foam and some of the memory foams they use). I would also keep in mind that the overhead with Dreamfoam includes a percentage that goes to Amazon for every Amazon purchase (about 15%) that isnā€™t part of Brooklyn Beddingā€™s overhead. Dreamfoam ā€œtargetsā€ consumers that tend to shop on Amazon and are generally in lower to medium budget ranges and because of their Amazon exposure are also the higher volume and ā€œno frillsā€ side of their business while Brooklyn Bedding mattresses tend to be in medium to higher budget ranges and compete with more premium mattresses made by other manufacturers and in general use higher quality materials, have more generous exchange and return policies, and/or more custom options that are part of their designs.

While Chuck has become the ā€œfaceā€ of Dreamfoam Bedding ā€¦ the owner of both Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding is John (see his forum profile here).

As you also mentioned ā€¦ both of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency and the feedback from the vast majority of people that have dealt with either of them is similar to your own experience and has been highly complimentary.

Phoenix

Well, maybe you use a different line to call Dream Foam, but having placed a call yesterday am, and once again this am, I am still unable to get a response, and this afternoon, about 2pm AZ time, I called the same number, and couldnā€™t reach a voice mail or live person.

Congratulations on your order. I cannot place mine.

Hi Amache,

Thatā€™s very strange.

I just called their number on the site and talked with Mario when he answered and he told me he has been answering calls all day (which he always does) and he has also been returning voicemails. There was another call that came in while we were talking so he answered that one as well. He told me that he also returned a call from someone who left a voicemail yesterday morning and left a message on their machine so hopefully that was you.

Heā€™s there and answering calls right now so it may be an idea to try again although I have no idea why you seem to be having difficulty reaching them.

Phoenix

Iā€™m trying to reach Dream Foam on a land line, and have repeatedly verified the #. This evening I emailed and asked for someone to call me. Iā€™m about to buy a mattress from them, but I have a few questions. I appreciate your comments and followup, Phoenix. I donā€™t have other numbers I call with connection problems .

Hi Amache,

Your experience is certainly ā€œoddā€ and there must be some explanation for it but for the life of me I donā€™t know what it is :slight_smile:

It would probably be a good idea to let them know about your experience when you do connect with them just in case others have mentioned the same thing and there is some glitch in their system that they donā€™t know about because if there is they would want to be the first ones to know about it and track down the reason for it.

I hope you let us know when you do finally reach them.

Phoenix

I had a similar experience this week with Brooklyn Bedding. I called Marioā€™s cell number and my call was not returned so 48 hours later I called their 888 number and it was answered by Mario. Maybe you could try some of the different numbers listed. I donā€™t know why my first call was not returned - maybe it was deleted by accident? Forgotten? Keep trying, I guess.

Hello,

I do apologize if you have not been able to get through. Chuck is currently out of town and I have been taking phone calls for dreamfoam bedding since Wednesday. I have returned calls with some customers picking up and some not maybe because they do not recognize the phone number I have left voice mails as well for customers to contact me back when they get a chance. I will be back in the office Monday September 29th if you would like to call I would be available to discuss our merchandise with you. If you would like to call me and leave me a voice mail this weekend I would be happy to get back with you as soon as I am available. I will also provide my direct phone number if you are having trouble getting through on our 866 number.

Best regards,
Mario
Dreamfoam/Brooklyn Bedding

I was able to reach Chuck @ DreamFoam, asked my questions this morning, & will now buy one of their mattresses.

Hi Amache,

Iā€™m glad you were able to connect with them :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out which mattress you end up choosing

Phoenix

Congratulations!!! ā€¦

I purchased the DreamFoam 13" Gel Memory Foam bed in a California King size, to replace a 16 year old Spring Aire air bed that has outlived its usefulness. I considered the Latex Eurotop mattress, but both my wife and I are 200+ in size and felt the extra weight could or would be a problem with the latex.

I will report back in after we receive the bed and get it ā€˜running.ā€™ The Facebook discount was also nice. Now to get a 4" foundation ordered, and weā€™ll be set.

I certainly couldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t have been able to buy a mattress online without ā€˜feelingā€™ it had it not been for this website and forum. Thanks for the contributions, and especially thanks to Phoenix. The bed will be put in service in the high country of Colorado.

Hi Amache,

Iā€™m not sure why this would have been an issue because in general latex is a more durable material than memory foam (of any density) but in the end the choice between memory foam and latex would be a personal preference (see post #2 here).

More importantly though ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Phone ate my original post, so hereā€™s the short version:
Same issues reaching dreamfoam
Called Mario direct today, who got Chuck to call within an hour.
All questions answered, and canā€™t wait for our new mattress!

Thanks again Mario and Chuck

Ordered the 13" gel memory foam directly from DreamFoam Bedding on Monday, and it showed up on Thursday in Colorado. Once the Classic Brands foundation arrived yesterday, we put everything together, opened up the Cal King box, and slept on the new bed last night. We aired out the room for several hours before turning in. Very little off-gassing, certainly not enough to affect sleep or breathing. Noticed a little warming but not objectionable.

Love our new bed. Only problem is our 20# dog easily slides into the contours of the bed, poking me in the back. LOL. Love the mattress. Nice and plush as we expected. Replaced a 15 year old Spring Aire air bed.

Once we made connection with DreamFoam everything went smooth with no glitches, whatsoever.

Hi Amache,

Thanks for the update ā€¦ and itā€™s great to see that your choice worked out well for you (and your dog it seems :))

Phoenix