Dreamfoam mattress models

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on their dreamfoam mattress experience. So far Chuck has been pretty nice and suggested the Gel Surpeme.

http://www.dreamfoambedding.com/compare/

Amazon.com

How does everyone feel about those specs?

if you have a foam mattress, do you use a metal platform? Has it ever torn through the mattress?

Thanks!

Hi maskedrose,

Dreamfoam is one of the members of this site which means I think very highly of them and the quality and value of their mattresses. They compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service.

They use very good quality materials for their budget ranges (higher budget mattresses generally use higher quality/density materials).

I also like the new pages on the Dreamfoam site which compare some of their specific mattresses and make them easier to find and compare than the Amazon listings.

Of course it’s also important to make sure the specs of any mattress are suitable for your body type and sleeping position both in terms of the quality/density of the materials and the “comfort specs” of the mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). When you can’t test a mattress in person then a more detailed phone conversation or online chat with the manufacturer so they can give you some guidance and insights about which of their mattresses would be most suitable for your body type, sleeping positions, and preferences is always one of the most important parts of an online mattress purchase (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

If you mean one of the wire grid platform/bedframes such as the one they sell here then they would be fine for most foam mattresses that have a polyfoam support core although with a mattress that has a latex support core I would consider a foundation or platform that has wooden slats that are no more than 3" apart that have a greater surface area to support the mattress (see post #10 here).

Phoenix