Dreamfoam new Arctic Dreams mattress similar to Tuft and Needle?

I have been searching for a new mattress for some time and this site has been very helpful. Based on the info I found here, decided to go with the Arctic Dreams 10" mattress from Dreamfoam Bedding. The fact that is American made with good quality and a budget price is why I chose this mattress. I also read a lot of reviews on this site which really helped. Thank you!

Hi MNWildMAN,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new mattress!:cheer: You certainly did make a good value/quality choice.

I’m looking forward to your comment about the mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Just bought the 12’’ Arctic Dreams. Posting for my free pillow.

Hi jdfalk,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

Congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer: You did choose one of the better values in the more basic-price category.

I’ll be interested in learning about your comments about your mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

Phoenix, do you know if the reduction in “spec” of the Arctic Dreams from a 1.8 lb polyfoam core to 1.5 lb polyfoam core was due to a change in the material used? Or was it solely a change to the listed specs when in fact the material has always been in the 1.55-1.75 lb range? I couldn’t tell from your earlier post, but the change in specs makes me a little bit wary. (Also, I could not locate the density specs on the DreamFoam website, for whatever reason).

Hi ok11,

This was explained to me by Brooklyn Bedding a while ago as a more accurate (and conservative) representation of the density of their polyfoam cores. They were finding their cores in the 1.7 lb range, but to their credit, put the listing at 1.5 lb (even though the 1.7 would fall within the “bucket” of ILDs to rate the core at 1.8 lb, which many manufacturers opt to do). Basically, more of an “under-promise/over-deliver” philosophy.

If you go back and read through this thread or do a search on the forum, I’ve tried to be quite clear in my thoughts about the Arctic Dreams representing one of the better values in budget-priced foam mattresses. Overall, it’s a great quality/value choice, but you are the only one that can decide whether it’s the “best choice” for you in terms of personal preference, quality, application and durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the return/exchange options you have available after a purchase if the mattress doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

And you’re correct, I don’t believe they list the foam density on their web site for this particular polyfoam core.

Phoenix

I didn’t mean to convey that you hadn’t been clear in this thread about your thoughts on the Arctic Dreams – both what it is, and what it isn’t. The only thing that wasn’t clear to me was whether the “down-specification” of the core from 1.8 lb to 1.5 lb was due to an actual change in material as opposed to simply clarifying the density of the material that had always been used. Based on your reply it sounds like it’s the latter.

Hi ok11,

Thanks for the reply. I do my best to be clear in my replies, but I appreciate it when someone points out if something is confusing, as there are so many people who read through these threads over time (my replies are for them as much as for our conversation), so thanks for allowing me to clarify this for you.

Phoenix

Will be buying a 10inch artic dream. This site has been incredibly useful.

Hi phizz86,

I’m happy that you’ve found the information here on the site useful, and most importantly, congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: You certainly chose something that offers a very good value at such a low price point, and I’ll be interested in learning about your experience with your new mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

I didn’t read this whole thread, but I just wanted to let y’all know, I bought this mattress from Amazon back in like October/November or so. I got it in the 10" Twin XL size. Long story short, is the absolute best mattress I have ever had. And what a ridiculous price.
I went ahead and bought another one in the California King size, for the master bedroom. This time I got the 12" version, since you know… I get busy :wink: We gotta make sure it doesn’t break down on me. Ha!

Hi ThisGuy,

I’m glad your Arctic Dreams mattress is working out well for you - thanks for the update!

Phoenix

After reading this thread, I decided to take the plunge and get a Full size 10’’ Arctic dreams mattress from Amazon! It’s arriving today so I’m very excited.

I’ve noticed some people have been receiving a free pillow with their purchase if they post here, I’m wondering if I would be able to do the same?

Hi Johnwallyo,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: You certainly chose an item that is a very good value for the materials being used.

All TMU Members have agreed to provide a bonus or discount to the consumer members of this site (those who have made at least one post in our forum). Simply mention “The Mattress Underground” when you visit their store or use the discount code provided below when purchasing online. NOTE: All discounts and bonuses are on regular “mattress only” purchases and in most cases can’t be “stacked” with other promotions or sale prices that already have a larger discount or with special promotional pricing on some mattresses.

While Dreamfoam is a member here of the site, the free pillow bonus that they offer is for orders fulfilled through Dreamfoam only (see here), so the pillow bonus they offer to consumer members here of the site would not apply to your purchase from Amazon.

I’m looking forward to learning about your new mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

Hmm so what I’m confused is that on the DreamFoam Bedding page of the TMU page on this website, it says the coupon can only be applied if purchased through DreamFoam. When I bought the mattress from amazon, the vendor from which I bought it from was still DreamFoam bedding, not amazon.com so would that not qualify me for the pillow?

Hi Johnwallyo,

Your original post only mentioned that you purchased “from amazon”, not who fulfilled the item, and as you correctly read on the TMU page for Dreamfoam here

they offer a “pillow bonus” to the members here (Dreamfoam fulfilled on Amazon or orders on their own site only … not Amazon fulfilled orders)

…your purchase should qualify for the pillow bonus offer.

So, I would contact Dreamfoam directly by phone with your order information and see how they can assist you with their TMU pillow promotion, and they should be able to take care of that for you. :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hello!

After reading this thread and other posts on this fantastic website. I think I am going to buy an Arctic Dreams 10" Medium Full. I am going to be a senior at a University and I have a place off campus. Seeing as I will only need this mattress for under a year, I want a cheap mattress. I feel like the price is fantastic, even though its for a year. I am 6ft 170lb guy who switches positions a lot while getting to bed. I usually stick with side/back sleeping. I end waking up on my back most days though. Will this work for my sleeping preferences?

Thanks for all the great work you do Phoenix!

Hi Jacob.tyler96,

As I think you’re aware, you’re certainly considering a product that represents a better value for the price point.

Before making a final decision, I would place a phone call directly with Dreamfoam to acquire their advice for your sleeping positions and somatotype and BMI, but generally the Medium would tend to be a common choice for (mostly) back/side sleeping for your BMI.

I’ll be interested in learning what you decide to do. If you do purchase from Dreamfoam, don’t forget to ask for your TMU Dreamfoam pillow bonus!

You’re very welcome!

Phoenix

Spent around 2 hours researching different types of flame retardant fibers being used in lower priced mattresses before finding this thread. My family is currently in the middle of moving and I mistakenly ordered 4 Zinus mattresses before finding out that they contain elevated levels of fiberglass that can potentially pollute my entire home. I immediately cancelled the orders and purchased 3 Arctic Dream mattresses (2 twin, 1 full) after receiving confirmation from a customer support rep from dreamfoambedding that the ‘anti-fire sock’ used in the Arctic Dream is made of Rayon treated with Silica, which is supposedly non-toxic and won’t pollute my house. I am very interested in the ‘free pillow’ promotion. Does that apply per order or per bed purchased? I purchased them directly from dreamfoambedding.com.

Hi themario.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulation on your new and many mattresses :cheer:

As you’re aware, you chose something from a site member here using high quality and durable materials and you are correct that the FR barrier in the Arctic Dreams is indeed an FR sock that is non-toxic. It is true that the most common method used to pass the regulations is the use of inherent fire barrier fabrics that are either quilted into the cover or are wrapped around the inner materials of the mattress like a sock. There is more information about fire retardant methods that are commonly used in the industry in post #2 here and in post #4 here.

I just left a message with Dreamfoam asking them to clarify this for you.

I hope to hear back from you once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon your mattress(es) for a while.

Phoenix