Dreamfoam new Arctic Dreams mattress similar to Tuft and Needle?

Hi xcollegex,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I have had this mattress in my cart on Amazon “saved for later” for at least a week now. I am so sick of springs! My husband likes a firmer mattress and I like a softer one. After endless research, I think this bed can fit both of our needs, Thanks to this site, I figured out the DreamForm website has 10% off, woohoo! I think I’m ready to go for it!

Hi desir00,

Assuming you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress as well :).

I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out and see how both of you like it.

Phoenix

Just ordered our Dreamfoam Arctic Dreams mattress! Based on the comments here, we’re pretty excited to make the transition! I’ll let you all know how it’s working out.

Hi jmarnold359,

I’m also looking forward to finding out how you like it when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

I intend to order the Arctic Dreams 10" Cooling Gel Mattress based on the information from these forums as well. Excited to give it a try.

Thanks very much everyone!

Hi talkincat,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up choosing … and congratulations on your new mattress. :slight_smile:

As you know you made a great quality/value choice and I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback once you’ve received it as well.

Phoenix

[quote=“talkincat” post=65310]I intend to order the Arctic Dreams 10" Cooling Gel Mattress based on the information from these forums as well. Excited to give it a try.

Thanks very much everyone![/quote]

Ditto. A big thanks to Phoenix for the mattress guides, I will post my impressions when I receive the mattress!

Hi Cegasaturn,

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Hi - I recently purchased a king size DreamFoam Bedding Arctic Dreams directly from DreamFoam bedding. First of all, they shipped the mattress much faster than promised and I had it in a matter of days! After unpacking it, I didn’t notice any objectionable smells. It did have a small amount of the typical “new foam” smell, but it dissipated quickly and has never been a problem for me. Also, while the mattress initially expanded rapidly, I do believe it took a few days for it to reach its final size. It’s somewhat hard to tell because the fast shipping meant I didn’t have a platform initially (which I ordered via Amazon Prime - DreamFoam Bedding beat the prime shipping on a heavy item!).

After sleeping on the mattress for over a month, I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase. It is firm in my opinion, but it conforms and delivers excellent sleep. For reference, I am right around 120 lbs. While I have not owned a more expensive mattress to compare, it is light years better than my spring mattress! In fact, I like it enough to refer the mattress to my friends. Finally, their customer support appears to be excellent - be sure to request your free pillow!

Hi cyrix2k,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it.

Like the others that have purchased it you certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that you are sleeping well and are happy with your choice.

Phoenix

I have a Nest Love Bed coming tomorrow and decided to google Energex. Stumbled upon this mattress and this thread and am now wondering if I can justify the extra cost of the Love Bed. From what I see the 3" of 3lb Energex in the Dreamfoam is exchanged for 2" of 1.5lb quilted Dunlop latex (shredded?), 2" of 2.7lb Energex, and 1" of 1.8lb transitional foam. The base on both is convoluted 1.8lb poly, though the Love Bed says it has additional edge support.

It seems I would be able to accomplish what the Love Bed provides with a 2" latex topper on top of the Arctic Dreams and save about $280. Edge support won’t be that important since we’re upgrading to a king size, and I can’t imagine the 1" of transition foam on the Love Bed would be all that much different from the extra 1" of Energex on the Arctic Dreams.

[Moderator Note: Dreamfoam is now conservatively classifying their Artic Dreams base polyfoam layer as 1.5 lb. (range of 1.55 lb. - 1.75 lb.).]

HI demi9od,

You haven’t provided enough information in your post for me to comment upon the mattresses you are mentioning.

Which Love Bed did you choose? It comes in medium or luxury firm.

Can you provide a link to the other mattress you “stumbled upon”? It’s not clear to me exactly what other mattress you’re curious about.

Once I have that information I can so my best to assist in providing you information.

Phoenix

Hi Pheonix,

The Nest Love Bed Medium vs the Dreamfoam Arctic Dreams.

Hi demi9od,

The layers for the Nest Bedding Love Bed – Medium are:
2" plush polyfoam – 1.5 lb.
2" Energex gel polyfoam – 2.7 lb.
1" polyfoam – 1.8 lb.
6" base polyfoam – 1.8 lb.

The layers for the Dreamfoam Arctic Dreams are:
3" Energex gel polyfoam – 3 lb.
6.25" convoluted polyfoam – 1.5 lb.
[Moderator Note: Dreamfoam is now conservatively classifying their Arctic Dreams base polyfoam layer as 1.5 lb. (range of 1.55 lb. - 1.75 lb.).]

Your comparisons of substituting one layer for another, or exchanging this for that, really aren’t the way I recommend comparing one mattress to another. These two mattresses aren’t trying to duplicate each other with their own versions of certain layers. They’re two different products.

The Love Bed doesn’t have a specific edge support system and “edge support foam” just means that the base layer would be “firm enough” to provide reasonable edge support for most people.

Dreamfoam and Nest Bedding are both members of this site which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

Changing the type and thickness of just one foam layer within a mattress will have an impact on the overall feel. Whether or not that change matters to you would only be determined by your own testing of the mattresses side by side as part of your own PPP.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the info on this mattress. We’re about to order a pair of twins. Will let you know how it goes.

Hi joelmccotter.

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

I look forward to learning about your comments on your new mattress.

Phoenix

I just moved and need a good mattress for not a lot of money. I’m about to buy a queen Arctic Dreams. Im coming from an awful futon, so I’m pretty excited.

Hi UncalmDomino,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ! :slight_smile:

[quote]
I just moved and need a good mattress for not a lot of money. I’m about to buy a queen Arctic Dreams. Im coming from an awful futon, so I’m pretty excited[/quote]

Dreamfoam is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a mattress from them.

If you purchase the Arctic Dreams, please let us know how it works out for you after you’ve had the product and a chance to sleep on it a bit. I’m hoping that whatever you get works out better for you than your old futon.

Phoenix

Thank you, Everyone, for your through assessment of the Arctic Dreams. I’m making my purchase today after weeks of consideration and very hopeful that I’ll get a solid 4-6 years out of this budget mattress. Phoenix, the quality of information and level of detail available on this site will be useful to me for the rest of my life, thank you for all the help you’ve given! I’ll check back in in a month or so to let you know how it goes.