Dreamfoam "Supreme"

What a tremendous help this site has been and thank you for all your input Phoenix!

After sleeping on a low budget memory foam mattress for the last 12+ years it is time to buy a new one, actually well past time if you ask my wife. So after reading many comments I settled on Dreamfoam’s product as being a good value and product. We went to the mattress store and tried out the various ones and since my wife loves to sleep on her stomach the 13" Ultimate Dreams Gel Memory Foam would likely be too soft for her…I loved the way I sunk into the mattress. So the Dreamfoam 12" Supreme is what Chuck told me is the medium and the Aria is the firm. So I think I’m ready to purchase the Supreme however I could not find any reviews on it. Tons of reviews on the 13" Ultimate Dreams Gel but the Supreme seems to not have any. Phoenix do you have any knowledge on the Supreme vs the Ultimate. Most reviews say the Ultimate feels firmer that the comparable Temperpedic in the store and I’m now wondering if the Ultimate would feel more like a medium vs soft and if I get the Supreme if it will feel like a firm vs a medium. Ugh! What do you think Phoenix?

Hi scottlewisis,

I don’t have any personal experience with either mattress so my knowledge is limited to the specs and quality of both mattresses which are on their website (and are within the minimum guidelines here I would suggest). There is also more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here.

Softness and firmness is very subjective and two people can have very different descriptions and perceptions of the same mattress … especially with memory foam which changes firmness based on temperature, humidity, and the amount of time the memory foam is compressed … but a forum search on Dreamfoam Supreme 12 (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about it from several forum members. Some people have said that it’s just a little firmer than the equivalent Cloud Supreme although as I mentioned this can be very subjective.

Outside of testing a mattress in person … the best way to choose a mattress that has the highest odds of success would be with a more detailed conversation with an online retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and they will generally know more about their mattresses and how they compare to other mainstream mattresses like the Tempurpedic “on average” than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for the link to other conversations regarding the Dreamfoam Supreme. I believe we will purchase this one and I will come back and give my comments after we have slept on it a bit. Sure appreciate your service to all of us looking for a new mattress. It has been refreshing to read your honest and factual replies. Always taking the high road. Thank you!

Hi scottlewisis,

Assuming you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Thanks for the kind words as well!

Phoenix