Dreamfoam UD Aria Update

Hi elapid95,

That’s good news and thanks for sharing your discovery. Because memory foam is temperature sensitive it makes perfect sense that the fan could make a difference :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

Your experience seems to be be somewhat variable in different “directions” so it may be connected to something other than your mattress.

If you are one of those whose needs and preferences seems to change back and forth it may be worth considering adding a topper that you can use so when you need something softer then you have it available and when you do best with a firmer mattress you have that available as well.

Since the Aria is also a firmer mattress it may also be too firm for you overall so of course you also have the option to return it and choose a mattress that is a little softer.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

“Firm” is a very wide range and is also very subjective and there are also different types of firmness that different people are sensitive to so one “firm” mattress can feel very different from another one (see post #15 here). Even a mattress that has a single layer will be softer on the sleeping surface and firmer as you compress it more deeply so even without a specific “comfort layer” the upper part of the single layer will act to relieve pressure and the deeper part will act to provide support and alignment (see post #2 here).

If you used a thin egg crate topper and it worked well on another firm mattress they are very inexpensive and it may be worth considering trying something similar again to see if it helps.

Either way … you have several options that you can choose between that may work best for you and I hope you have the chance to let us know what you end up deciding to do.

Phoenix

Hi elapid95,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the San Francisco area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

I have no idea about how this would be possible. It’s certainly possible that a mattress could be defective and develop sags in the sleeping surface under the area where you sleep but the only way that I could think of that a mattress could suddenly change its height and still have an even sleeping surface with no sags would be if you removed something that was on top of the mattress or if you changed something underneath the mattress that changed the height.

Phoenix

Ah okay. just making sure…

Hi elapid95,

You won’t need a traditional box spring (with springs) for this mattress and if you did decide to purchase one then it would probably cost you more than the mattress. A suitable foundation (without springs) would be fine.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

I don’t know of a manufacturer that still makes box springs and sells them online. There are a fair number of local manufacturers that still make them and if there is one in your area they may be your best bet. There are a few examples of manufacturers that still make box springs in the Massachusetts area listed in post #2 here and I know there are many more across the country but I don’t have a specific list of manufacturers that still make them.

Phoenix

Hi elapid,

No reputable company avoids answering emails with questions about returning or exchanging a mattress and Dreamfoam is certainly a reputable company so either your email didn’t reach them or their reply didn’t reach you (some spam filters for example filter out certain emails and either put them in a spam folder or don’t deliver them at all).

If you send an email and for some reason don’t receive a reply in about 24 hours or so then I would either phone them or use the chat system on the Dreamfoam site.

Phoenix