Dreamfoam UD Aria Update

Hi elapid,

No reputable company avoids answering emails with questions about returning or exchanging a mattress and Dreamfoam is certainly a reputable company so either your email didn’t reach them or their reply didn’t reach you (some spam filters for example filter out certain emails and either put them in a spam folder or don’t deliver them at all).

If you send an email and for some reason don’t receive a reply in about 24 hours or so then I would either phone them or use the chat system on the Dreamfoam site.

Phoenix

Hi Elapid,

I’m not sure of the reason for the tone or content of your reply but I would suggest you read the rules of the forum and consider this to be your first warning. Personal attacks are not allowed here.

If for any reason you don’t find the information here or my replies helpful then you are certainly welcome to a refund of your free registration and the ability to be able to ask your questions and have someone take the time to reply to them and there are many other sites around the internet where you can spend your time that will either tell you anything you want to hear regardless of the truth or won’t provide you with any personal replies at all.

This was posted with my own 10 fingers just like all the other 35 replies I have posted to you previously (you can click the link and review them if you wish) that have taken several hours of my time in an effort to help answer the many questions you have asked here.

I realize that self responsibility and gratitude can be difficult concepts to master … but they are certainly well worth the effort :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Elapid,

[quote]www.oldbedguy.com/2014/05/02/buyer-bewar…-storefront-reviews/

scroll down to what he says about you. [/quote]

I’m well aware of it and you can see my comments here

Of course it’s “on the internet” so it must be true :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I don’t mean to stir the pot, but after a quick read of the article mentioned from the old bed guy I thought I’d share my .02 worth. It’s not the first time I’ve bumped into his site, along with sltd and others like many people looking for mattress information online.

His claim is he doesn’t blindly recommend any specific mattress. That he’s willing to help people find a mattress suitable for them. I’m not sure how that’s any different than what Phoenix does. At one point I even recall being frustrated that Phoenix wouldn’t give me a clear cut answer - but after awhile I came to realize why. That is the point, Phoenix doesn’t give answers. He won’t say ‘buy this mattress’ or ‘pick this and not this’. He guides people and helps them stay on track and ultimately tries to help them make their own purchase. I’ve never seen him promote any particular mattress like a salesman going after a ‘spiff’ or whatever.

After being on this forum awhile, I’ve seen new members (mattress sellers) added, removed and denied. If it were purely a money making ‘gimmick’ I’d think all applicants who were willing to pay a fee of any kind would be accepted. I’ve seen non members spoken highly of and presented to people as options. I have no clue what Phoenix’ situation is, if this is extra money obtained from memberships, a retirement fund, day to day pay or whatever - nor do I care. Not sure I’ve seen a day go by without at least someone if not multiple people get a reply.

I don’t fault Phoenix for incorporating a small fee of some kind to help support the site. It keeps it free for us users asking the questions. Forums aren’t free, it involves someone’s time (like Phoenix’s), it involves a pc, a connection to the internet, a web host, often software fees for forum maintenance (to keep it up and running). As someone who’s dealt with professional web hosts I know first hand it’s not free. It’s not like a fb page, a company is maintaining it’s servers and backup servers to ensure that when someone goes to the website they don’t get a 404 error. That costs money and it’s passed on to the person who owns the site. Having a website domain name costs registration fees that recur annually and if the fees aren’t paid the name is no longer connected to the website and will come up with an error page or a listing to purchase the domain.

As far as companies getting some sort of kickback or customers getting a discount using mention of this site, it benefits everyone. The customer gets a discount they wouldn’t have otherwise been entitled. The members have an opportunity to get more traffic and sales. These are things any and all businesses do and I’d be willing to bet in reality, no one is getting magically rich off of this. Why does no one complain about amazon? I know for certain how some things work, as I have a family member who does professional graphic design. Some of their artwork is available on products through an online store who then deals with amazon. When someone makes a purchase, amazon gets a piece of that, the manufacturer of the product gets their fee and my family member gets a small percentage (around 5% which usually amounts to around .80). No one is getting rich, but everyone makes money since everyone plays a part in it. Brick and mortar stores do it too, by way of coupons. They offer a small percentage of money back to the customer as a perk to draw that customer to their place of business.

The only real alternatives I can see would be Phoenix either paying for all of this out of his own pocket as charity to everyone. Or requiring everyone who joins here to pay some sort of fee (like consumer reports and many others). I guess at the end of the day, it boils down to people’s need to realize that whoever it’s from, it’s advice. Their choice to take it or leave it. If you go to anyone asking about anything it can be difficult to rationally become mad at them. It’s not like they came knocking on your door pushing advice. Before anyone thinks I’m sucking up to Phoenix, we’ve gone our rounds of disagreement in the past. But that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him for his time put into answering each of us without making any of our questions seem petty. I’ve never seen him out and out call someone out in the industry to denounce or discredit them, only to respond in defense. Leading someone toward a specific choice is risky so I can appreciate why he doesn’t. Not only would it be a roll of the dice in terms of someone being satisfied, imagine the heat anyone would get telling someone “choose this” and they’re unhappy with it. All of the sudden even with good intentions, that person becomes top of their hit list and opens themselves up to all sorts of abuse.

Hopefully you find a solution elapid95 so you can get some comfortable solid sleep. If you’re still having trouble reaching dreamfoam, maybe you can get in touch with brooklynbedding via their website or by phone since the companies are related. When I couldn’t reach dreamfoam, brooklyn bedding was helpful and there was a person available via live chat. I also believe they (brooklyn bedding) are available in many retail stores in several states (R&S mattress) - so they’re not just a mythical mattress maker ‘hiding in the cloud’ if that makes you feel any better. Some people aren’t comfortable with online etailers and some like myself are grateful since my local area doesn’t offer much choice (most of the choices aren’t worth the gas to get there). Best of luck with your situation.

Note Added Later: To elapid95
I got your message…No problem! I will proceed with deleting your old posts as per your request.
Phoenix