Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Gel Memory Foam vs. I-Comfort

Hey all, new to the forum and considering purchasing the Dreamfoam 13" on Ama… My wife and I recently got into thinking about memory foam mattresses to replace our standard spring decade old mattress…urgh. Anyway, by the grace of God I ran across this forum and have found your treasure trove of information and began looking at some of your suggestions.

I’m 5’11", ~185lbs; wife is 5’2", ~much-less-than-me:-)…she’s a side or belly sleeper and I usually sleep side or back.

My question: My wife really liked the feel of the I-Comfort Prodigy 13" when we were looking around. As I understand from the forum, Dreamfoam (and many others) are constructed of better foams. I’m really strongly considering pulling the trigger on the purchase, but I’m wondering if you can give me a sense of how this Dreamfoam might compare to the I-Comfort in feel?

Thanks,
PJoseph

Hi PJoseph,

Feel is so subjective and there are so many variables involved with what each person feels on a particular mattress that there is no way to really know this with real certainty except through your own personal real time side by side testing. You can read a little more here about trying to match one mattress to another and the ways that make it possible … to varying degrees.

In general though … it’s much better to try to match every mattress you test to a common set of standards rather than to each other because subjective memory doesn’t last very long and isn’t very a very accurate way to predict your longer term experience (as many people have experiences when they test a mattress early in a day or shopping and then go to test others and when they go back to test the first one it feels completely different from what they remember because their context is completely different).

I would also suggest talking with Dreamfoam in person who may be able to suggest a mattress that is comparable that you could test locally with some of their models. In the case of the 13" gel memory foam mattress … they have said and many people on the forum who have purchased it have agreed that it has a very similar “feel” for most people to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe except it is a bit firmer and since this mattress is widely available to test, you can get a rough sense of what the Dreamfoam 13" gel memory foam may feel like for you.

Phoenix