DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress

I purchased one of these in a queen with a 7 comfort level about a year ago. I feel like the 3" of latex is not thick enough and I’m sleeping on the base foam. My shoulders and hips are a little sore in the morning. I am 6’ 190 lbs. Would adding an additional 3" of latex help? Could someone recommend a fairly inexpensive option? Thank you.

Hi cub682,

Adding a topper can certainly help with a mattress that is too firm and isolate you more from the support core but I would be a little cautious about the softness and thickness when you already have a relatively soft comfort layer to make sure that you don’t compromise your alignment.

There are some topper guidelines in post #8 here that may be helpful.

Post #4 here includes some of the better sources for toppers I’m aware of including Dreamfoam which carries 3" latex toppers as well.

Phoenix

Thanks, I checked out your links and I guess there are no inexpensive options. :frowning:
What do you think about this one in a synthetic queen? It is dunlop and I’m not sure. With my current comfort level and my weight, do you think I should go with the medium firmness?

Hi cub682,

I’m not sure what your budget range is but latex is a more costly material than polyfoam or most memory foam.

[quote]What do you think about this one in a synthetic queen? It is dunlop and I’m not sure. With my current comfort level and my weight, do you think I should go with the medium firmness?

www.spindlemattress.com/products/3-latex-foam[/quote]

This is synthetic Dunlop which is a lower cost version of latex compared to natural Dunlop or Talalay but it’s certainly a good quality material compared to other types of foam and is a good “lower budget” version of latex. You can read a little more about the different types of latex in post #6 here but it will really boil down to your own preferences between the different types of latex and your personal experience.

I would use the topper guidelines I linked earlier along with a more detailed conversation with a supplier you are considering (who will know more about how their materials compare to others than anyone) to decide on the thickness and firmness level that in combination with your mattress has the highest odds of success.

When it comes to comfort layers and toppers … then “just enough” thickness and softness to relieve your pressure points when you sleep on your side is usually the least risky choice in terms of alignment.

Phoenix