Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12"

I called Chuck at Dreamfoam today (well…just got off the phone with him, really :lol: ) and was very happy with the interaction and help he gave. This is my “I’m pulling the trigger” thread (man, I want that free pillow! You’re on the hook now, Chuck! :lol: ); I’m having a new bed frame delivered in the next week/two weeks and as soon as I have that beauty in my house Chuck will be hearing from me again :slight_smile:

I know another member mentioned they would check in at various time periods to expand upon their experience and feelings about their Dreamfoam, so I’ll set my own alarms to do the same. Hopefully having this thread in the search results will help others with their decisions as well.

Anyway, I wanted to really emphasize how pleased I was when I spoke with Chuck. That was my final litmus test to deciding on Dreamfoam, whether or not I felt comfortable with the way the interaction went - good customer service is always a huge factor. So thank you, Chuck, and thank you, Phoenix! Very happy with all of the information and help from this site and from Chuck, and I’m very excited to order the mattress ASAP. B)

Hi eboldy,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding … and congratulations on the choice you made :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve ordered and received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

I just purchased the Dreamfoam ULTIMATE DREAMS SUPREME 12″ GEL MEMORY FOAM. I’m very excited to try it based on all the stellar Amazon reviews. I’ll also update in the future with how my experience is with this mattress. Thanks guys,

Hi benchwarmer,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix

Alright, time for an update! I’ll try to break it down to keep it easy to skim.

I received the mattress about 3 days after it shipped, which was faster than the 5ish days Chuck had quoted me over the phone - always nice to have things arrive early.

When it was unpacked, it expanded to nearly full size out of the box; there was a little bit of loose fabric on one of the corners, and as it’s generally advised to wait 24-48 hours to let it “breathe,” I wasn’t too concerned. It did end up expanding just enough after a day, so no worries at all.

No smell. I mean, there was that “unpacking” smell that you get from anything that’s put in plastic, but the mattress itself had none of the chemical smell that is sometimes reported, and the unpacked-plastic odor was mild and dissipated within a few hours.

Pressing into the foam, it gave a bit more and felt a little plusher than my parents’ Tempur Cloud Supreme, but the base foam was just as supportive, and while I was a little worried about the extra softness, it turned out to be a non-issue.

As for actually sleeping on the mattress:
* Soft: When I sit on it, I sink ever so slightly (in a good way), and then it just molds very nicely to my weight/shape.

* Supportive: Once I’ve laid down, I just feel lightly “cuddled” in the sense that the foam condenses more around my pressure points (as a side sleeper, primarily shoulder, hips) so that there’s no, well, pressure, and therefore no discomfort or pain.

* Easy to move in: One of the listed differences between memory foam and innersprings is that, given the nature of foam, it takes more effort to turn from side to side. I don’t have issues with this at all. It feels a little different, but it’s not negative in any way.

* Temperature: I sleep hot most of the time, so I was wondering how I’d tolerate memory foam. I’m going to assume it’s because this is the gel model, but I have zero problems with more heat - I honestly can’t tell a difference. Which will be fantastic in the summer. But now I have to get a heavier comforter! :lol:

* The shredded latex pillow: Oh gosh this thing so far is wonderful. I have trust issues with pillows, so I’m cautious about how it’ll wear, but on nights when I feel like I’m tensed up too much or I just can’t get my neck in the right position, this helps with that. It’s big - about 5" high, IIRC. But it squishes down the right amount, and has enough resistance that my head doesn’t just sink into it the way a down pillow would. I’ve mauled it a bit trying to get it to conform to my head and neck at night, but when I shake it out, it seems to go right back to its poofy shape. :lol:

There have been two or three nights in the past week where I haven’t slept well due to a lot of stress, and honestly, even those bad nights have been better on my body than most nights were on my old mattress and transitory mattress. And on the nights I’ve slept well, I wake up and I feel good. No lower back pain anymore. No shoulder pain. A little neck pain, but that’s due to anxiety tension, and not mattress/pillow related.

End summary: Very, very satisfied with the purchase, all the way through. Chuck was great throughout the transaction, the mattress setup was problem-free, and the mattress itself feels wonderful, as does the complimentary pillow. I’m super paranoid about how it’ll hold up, because I slept so badly for about 10 months (!), but I have confidence in the product because of this site, Phoenix’s help, and Chuck’s assistance. Frankly, at the price, even if it “only” lasts 5 years, I’ll be perfectly happy buying a second. And this is starting to sound like a fake review so I’ll end it there for now. :lol: :lol:

I’ll check-in/do review update no.2 in maybe a month or two, but I don’t anticipate anything being different.

Hi eboldy,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update with your comments and experience in such great detail … I appreciate it!

It’s great to hear that your mattress (and pillow) worked out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

looking forward to receiving my new bed and pillow…

i will post a follow up as soon as i get everything and sleep on it for a week or so…

Hi rwolfesound,

Assuming that you’ve purchased the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12" as well … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve had the chance to try it out as well.

Phoenix

II have been experiencing much discomfort with our current bed and have been looking for a replacement. I had ordered but canceled a Lucid 14" Plush when I found this site. I am 5ft 8in at 175 lbs, and my wife is 5ft 2in at about 125 lbs. My wife likes a mattress a bit firmer as she is a predominately a back sleeper with some side sleeping; I am predominately a side sleeper with a little back sleeping. Nonetheless, I had narrowed it to the Ultimate Dreams 13" (Soft) or the Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12" (Medium).

After seeing Dreamfoam Bedding is currently offering a site wide 10% off, “The Mattress Underground” forum members too receive a free Latex Pillow with mattress purchase, and not too mention with me having so much hip and shoulder pain (pressure point) - I just had to take a leap of faith.

Therefore, I ordered the Queen Size: Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress.

I have already emailed and corresponded with Chuck, a couple of times and as of today the next day received a FedEx tracking number of my soon to be new bed. …and yes, although they give us one free pillow - I did order the second pillow, so my wife to has one too! :wink: :lol:

Thank you Phoenix, The Mattress Underground, Dreamfoam Bedding and Chuck

I’ll let you all know how it turns out…

ocean2027

Let me start by saying I’ve been trolling the Underground for months now! I really appreciate the vast amount of information, legitimate feedback, and support the forum has provided.

I am finally ready to make my purchase largely in part to this forum. (Thanks Phoenix!)

I’ve landed on the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel 12" mattress. I’m springing (ha) for the king sized with the 10% discount today. Hopefully next week after Thanksgiving I will receive everything and start sleeping very nicely.

I will also say that I’ve ‘chatted’ online with Chuck at Dreamfoam at least 4 times this morning. He has been very professional. I can only hope that the bed will be as good as the customer service.

I look forward to providing everyone reviews as time goes on with this mattress.

Hi gamecocks9799,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a good quality/value choice and I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Wanted to give everyone an update on my recent purchase of Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Supreme 12". (king). The bed was ordered to replace a very firm innerspring mattress that we had fitted with a memory foam topper. I placed my order on 11/10 and received it 11/17. As many people have indicated, the package is heavy and bulky…I used a hand cart to get the box to the second floor. I immediately unpacked the bed and it sprang into shape and expanded into the full 12 inch thickness within several minutes. I did not notice any unpleasant off-gassing odor. We did let the bed sit for 24 hrs before sleeping on it.

Our initial impression (yes, I really did say that) was that the bed felt a bit softer than the comparable Tempur Cloud Supreme…not an issue for me, but the wife felt a little uncomfortable in the bed. During the first week of using the new mattress, both of us experienced a lot of tossing and turning (we are both predominantly side sleepers). During the second week, there has been less tossing and turning, but still no full night of blissful sleep. I have noticed that my lower back does not hurt as much on the new bed. However, both of us have noticed that our shoulders feel stiff when we wake up…this was not an issue on the previous bed.

I am hopeful that we see some better sleep over the next week or two. I will try to post an update before the jolly old elf makes his annual journey.

I noticed this for a couple of nights before I figured out what it was - my pillow wasn’t supporting my head/neck correctly, so my shoulder was taking the brunt of that job. (Any neck or trapezius muscle pain?)

I have to make sure I rotate pillows depending on how “squished” they’ve become after a few nights, or when I need a different feel that night (I have two of their shredded latex pillows - which are incredible - and two thick gel memory foams).

That may not be what you’re having trouble with, but it can’t hurt (yes, I really did say that!) to pay attention to how your pillows are doing in supporting your head.

I’m not sure if that will be of any help, but your response reminded me of the hiccups in my experience so far, so I thought I’d throw that out there. :slight_smile:

Hi crazyrhoads,

Thanks for taking the time to share your initial impressions about your new mattress … I appreciate it.

While it’s not possible to “diagnose” mattress comfort issues on a forum with any certainty because there are too many unique unknowns, variables, and complexities involved that can affect how each person sleeps on a mattress in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) or any “symptoms” they experience … there is more about the most common symptoms that people may experience when they sleep on a mattress and the most likely (although not the only) reasons for them in post #2 here.

eboldy’s comments and suggestions are great ones because shoulder issues can often be the result of a pillow that doesn’t keep your head and neck in good alignment.

It may also be worth checking the effect of any mattress protector or mattress pad that you are using because in some cases they can interfere with the ability of the memory foam underneath them to contour to the shape of your body and could be a factor in your “symptoms” as well.

Some of the information in post #2 here about breaking in a memory foam mattress may be helpful as well.

I’m looking forward to any additional updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a little longer.

Phoenix

I ordered one of these mattresses today. Had a couple chats with Chuck and he was very helpful and replied to my emails quickly. I will post my impressions once I have had a chance to sleep on this mattress for a couple nights.

Hi KevKanos,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix