Due diligence on pocket coil mattresses

Great site! First post so here goes. My wife and I are in the market for a new mattress. Sleeping on a 15 year old stearns and foster innerspring. Achy backs and tossing and turning. Ugh.
Started to research all latex. Went into a vendor in NYC yesterday and tried out some Savvy Rest mattresses and we didn’t like the feel. Then tried a few Berkekey Ergonomics and liked the feel of the talalay and coils. Maybe even an additional topper.

Is Berkeley Ergonomics and Sleepworks.com the same company?

Also any other localish companies to NYC that have beds like these with a talalay top and one to two layers of coils? And any other non-locals besides the few mentioned above?

Thanks!!

Adam

Hi mrasg1,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so your posts wouldn’t get mixed in with a different topic.

European Sleepworks used to sell Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses but now they make their own that are very similar (see post #4 here). A forum search on European Sleepworks and on Sleepworks.com (you can just click the links) will also bring up more information and feedback about them.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the NYC area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses that each of the retailers or manufacturers that are listed in the hundreds of local lists in the forum have on their showroom floor (which would be more than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but there are a few latex/innerspring hybrids listed in post #2 here and you could check with each of them to see if any of them are available locally. Mattresses that use a combination of an innerspring with microcoils and latex are a little less common than just an innerspring/latex hybrid but either way you would need to check the individual websites of the retailers/manufacturers on the NYC list or make a few calls to find out which of them carry the types of mattresses on their floor that fit your criteria. Off the top of my head I know that Naturepedic also makes mattresses that use a pocket coil support system and a combination of latex and microcoils in the comfort layers which are a similar design to some of the BE mattresses that also use similar components.

Phoenix

Have you heard good things about the BE beds?

Hi mrasg1,

All of the Berkeley Ergonimics mattresses use high quality materials (latex, pocket coils, microcoils, and cotton covers quilted with wool depending on the specific mattress) and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them.

A forum search on Berkeley Ergonomics (you can just click the link) will bring up many more comments and feedback about them as well.

Phoenix