dunlop latex quality confirmation and latex mattress configuration

Hi Cloud Nine,

I’m not quite sure what you mean with this but latex cores contain over 90% latex and the rest is made of various curing agents, accelerators, antioxidants, mold release agents, and other additives that are used to make the foam. The key is to ask whether the latex portion is 100% natural or if it’s a natural/synthetic latex blend (which is a less costly material). “Latex” just means rubber and it can be either natural or synthetic or a blend.

Most latex manufacturers use water based latex glue which is non toxic as opposed to a solvent type glue but I would certainly ask if they are using glue just to make sure.

Arpico is one of the Sri Lankan producers that makes good quality latex. Latex Green is another Sri Lankan latex manufacturer which you may come across which also makes good quality latex (and makes a certified organic dunlop core as I mentioned in the earlier post) and there are many more from many parts of Asia. I don’t think you would come across a “bad” 100% natural Dunlop latex product. None of the latex is manufactured in Canada … only the mattresses are made there.

The Victoria and up island list of better options is in post #2 here and the Vancouver list is in post #2 here.

Phoenix