Dunlop vs Talalay as base layer in SleepEZ 10000

We’ve had our SleepEZ set up since Thursday of last week. I know that its going to take some time, but it feels slightly firmer to me than I want it to. I called Shaun and discussed a few options. He said to give it a few more weeks, and that you will not feel comfortable right away on a new bed. I totally get that, but being patient not my best attribute!

Right now I’m wondering if I should change my base layer (medium dunlop) to medium talalay. My configuration bottom to top is medium dunlop/medium talalay/soft talalay. Shaun said that with my size (5’1", 115 lbs) that it doesn’t matter if dunlop or talalay is on the bottom because I’m not feeling the bottom layer at all.

I swapped my layers around to take a nap yesterday (took hubby’s medium talalay and put it on the bottom for me) and I swear it felt better with all talalay! Maybe I’m crazy …

He also said that soft over soft would probably be too soft for me (I agree) and that they can special order a soft/medium blend for my middle layer. He seems to think I should leave the bottom layer alone as dunlop. I know he’s the expert, but I just wonder if it will make much of a difference.

Please share your thoughts/opinions openly :slight_smile:

Hi adriennej72t,

There are some suggestions here but as Shawn mentioned I would wait and would not make any changes yet until your body has had some time to adapt to a new sleeping surface.

This may be better for you but I would be very careful about making changes faster than your body can keep up or you can identify the effect of the change (it can take time for the effect of a chance to become obvious). Slo incremental steps are generally the best approach.

The most important part you mentioned here is that he’s the expert and has more knowledge and experience by far than anyone else concerning his own designs and mattresses. I would not confuse the issue and work closely with him and follow his suggestions closely.

Phoenix

Yes, I already plan on giving it another week or two to see how we adjust until any changed are made It’s quite different from trying beds out in the store. And this is the first time in 8 years I’ve had a new bed, and the first time I’ve actually had a nice bed. So I will try to be patient!

Thanks for your input!

Hi adriennej726,

I know patience is not easy in the excitement of having a new mattress … especially when you can so easily make changes or experiment with layering!

Slow and incremental is usually much better though so that you have time to adjust to your initial layering and each change you make. As many members of the forum have mentioned you really will “adjust” to a new sleeping surface which will also make a difference in what changes may be best.

After 8 years though … I’d be anxious to get to the “best” layering as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix