dunlopoillo latex and soy mattress

Hi. I’m looking at dunlopoillo latex and soy mattress. It is 5 inches latex and 6 inches ( bottom) soy foam. The price for king is a little over budget, but has the thickness I prefer. The other mattress we are considering has 8 inches all latex ( Taley) sp but seemed a little thin and is below $2k. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of each?

Hi Electricone65,

I would need to know more detailed specifics about each mattress to make any meaningful comments (see this article for the information I would need).

Having said that … with 5" of latex on top of it the polyfoam in the bottom 6" of the Dunlopillo mattress (and soy foam is just a type of polyfoam … see post #2 here) is unlikely to be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability because a mattress will tend to soften and break down from the top layers down.

The other mattress you are considering has all talalay latex which is a high quality and durable material so there wouldn’t be any weak links in this mattress either.

There is more about a latex/polyfoam hybrid vs an all latex mattress in post #2 here.

The thickness of a mattress is just a side effect of the design and by itself isn’t particularly meaningful because whether a thicker or thinner mattress would be better or worse for any particular person will depend on the specifics of the material (type, firmness etc) and on all the other layers in the mattress. Thickness is only one of many specs that are used to make different mattresses that perform and feel differently and that makes a mattress suitable for one person and not another. There is more about the effect of thickness in post #14 here. Regardless of how thick or thin a mattress may be … the most important part of the “value” of a mattress is how suitable it is “as a whole” for your particular body type, sleeping positions, and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) regardless of how thick it may be.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability and PPP, durability, and “value” based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix