Dynasty Mattress, opinion anyone? Look at the specs!

Hey everyone i have been looking for a decent memory foam mattress for a reasonable price. I came across this brand, which can be purchased through amazon as well. Amazon has their buyer protection policy so it makes me feel comfortable. It is supposedly 5lb density. Check it out

https://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattress-Density-Viscoelastic-Memory-Mattress/dp/B000EPKLFA

http://dynastymattress.ecrater.com/c/1631104/12-luxury-therapeutic-mattress

Hi MikeD23,

You can read more of my thoughts about Dynasty mattresses and the possibility that the information they list may not be accurate in post #4 here and the post and search results it links to. Post #6 here about Chinese foams and manufacturers would also be worth reading and mattresses that are compressed for longer periods of time during shipping from China or warehouse storage can have an effect the durability of the materials.

Phoenix

I just joined today to find out more info on Dynasty. I bought a mattress from them 2 years ago and it is not the same as it was in the beginning. I’ve tried to contact them…the person who answered the phone advised me to email and they don’t reply. I think their customer service is non existent, I am very disappointed because I just wanted to discuss my concerns with them. I would say don’t buy anything from them.

I purchased a Dynasty Mattress 4 years ago and am hoping to place an order to replace it tomorrow. Its actual effective life was probably more like 3 years.

A quick rundown:

• It will smell. For quite some time too(I could still smell it 6 months later).
  • Here’s a comment from Phoenix about one of the chemicals the Dynasty Mattress contains:

[quote]

TDI is a component of almost all of the polyfoam or memory foam made in North America and is one of the two main chemicals that are used to make both polyfoam and memory foam. In its fully reacted state it normally isn’t an issue although it can certainly be toxic as a raw material when the foam is being made. A MSDS for TDI is here and a safety assessment document is here. The most common alternative is MDI which is also an isocyanate which is used instead of TDI and this is more common in polyfoam or memory foam made in Europe. There is a MSDS for MDI here. If a material has been tested for residual VOC’s through a certifying agency such as CertiPur or OekoTex then by most people’s standards the final product would be “safe” although this is also a question that is somewhat controversial and there are many people that avoid memory foam or polyfoam of any type because of their personal health concerns. There are also many other materials used in mattresses including fire retardants that are of concern to many people and are all part of how each person may answer the question of “how safe is safe enough for me”". There is more about this in post #2 here although these types of very complex questions can often lead down a rabbit hole of ever more complex and contradictory information and no specific or satisfying answers
    [/quote]
  • It will feel comfortable for a few years, but it will degrade in “firmness.” There is only one still “Sleepable” spot on my mattress as a majority of the middle now causes me back pain (although I suffer from this regularly, the mattress exacerbates it instead of eases it like it should have originally).
  • Due to the durability/longevity there is the possibility that there is “filler” in the memory foam, but it will have the feel of a Tempurpedic for the beginning.
  • It is assuredly made in China.
  • It has not indented in all this time (no reason to invoke the warranty)

[li]It was not the Queen size specified. It was missing 4 inches in width and about 2 inches in length.[/li] I tried to send it back originally due to this, but Tony kept reducing the price in small increments until I agreed to keep it. I don’t like paying for one thing and getting something different.

In my opinion, I would consider a mattress made in the USA under stricter controls. I’m a light guy: 5’9" and 162lbs but it still degraded on me. Had I known what I know today about memory foam mattresses, I would not have purchased the Dynasty Mattress due to health and durability concerns. Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions you have about it that I may be able to answer.

Due the research, avoid Chinese-made products, and buy quality and you’ll have few regrets in your purchases. It may cost more upfront, but in reality you save in the long run. This is a philosophy I have adopted in my purchasing habits and I have few regrets since doing so.