Eastman House ans Saatva

I was looking for a Eastman House mattress for my home in Santa Fe, NM. Using the Eastman House online Store Locater I got this message “There are no stores within 100 miles of your location. Please consider ordering form Saatva our largest online retailer.”

Can I conclude that Saatva mattresses are manufactured by Eastman House?

Hi Mettaman,

Saatva mattresses are made in quite a number of factories across the country but the lead manufacturer is Bedding industries of America that also make make Therapedic, Eclipse, Eastman House, and Hemingway mattresses (see this article).

There is more information about Saatva mattresses along with some of the other simplified choice online mattresses in post #2 in this topic and in post #1 here and the rest of the topic and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them as well. In very general terms … for most people it would be a “better than average” quality/value choice compared to most of the mainstream mattresses made by the major manufacturers but it probably wouldn’t be in the same “quality/value” range as many of the other options that most of the members here would know about as a result of the information on the site.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability and PPP, the durability and useful life of the mattress. and the overall “value” of the mattress relative to your other finalists.

Phoenix