Easy-Rest vs. PacBed

About a month ago I was looking mostly online for a memory foam mattress and was pretty sure that I wanted a Pacbed original from bedinabox. From what I saw in reviews and customer satisfaction, they seemed like the best way to go and had a reasonable price. I am around 200-210lb and my wife is just short of 150. We both like a little firmer feel, and thought that this would best match. We are both side and back sleepers…probably 50-50 for both. For fun we went out and checked out a few beds and after looking at all of the beds in the store we found an Easy-Rest Gel-Max 9" mattress that was by far the best feel for both of us, both on our backs as well as on our sides. In fact we really liked it. I tried to do some research on this particular mattress, but cannot find any info on it online. The store we visited said that they would not be carrying that mattress anymore, but had 2 left. They even told us this before we tried it out and decided it was our favorite. Anyway, was wondering if anyone has info on the quality of this particular mattress. Since they were getting rid of this particular mattress, they discounted the price and they are selling the king size for $759($800 after tax), but you get a free waterproof mattress protector and sheet set with it(Or pillow if you choose). Since this is $50 less than the Pacbed and they had a few extras, I was thinking that this seemed like a good deal and we did like the feel of the mattress. Is this a quality mattress? Should I hurry up and get this before it is gone? At a mattress store, can I haggle with the price at this point? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi parrothead,

You can see the guidelines I use for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here. Unfortunately the density of the foams that are used by bedinabox don’t meet the criteria I would suggest and this would be particularly important with higher weights. At around 200 lbs or so I would begin to use caution even with 4 lb memory foams.

Easy Rest certainly has some good quality memory foam mattresses that would meet these guidelines but with all mattress purchases it’s important to make sure that you know the details of every layer of the mattress so you know that the specific mattress you are considering would be suitable for you.

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the layers that are inside it. The retailer should be able to provide you with all the details and foam densities of all the layers in the mattress so you can know the quality and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. If they don’t have the knowledge or experience to tell you what the specs mean … then if you post them here I’d be happy to provide you with some feedback (although I would also be cautious working with a retailer that didn’t have good knowledge about mattress materials or know the quality of what they were selling).

Phoenix