Ecogel vs Ultimate Dreams vs Aloe Adelle

Completely dropped the ball, it’s been a busy week+ :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had quite a few nights to sleep on it now. My assessment is mostly the same as cartman311’s - the first few nights I slept for much less time than I normally do (unrelated to the mattress), but woke up feeling much more well-rested. I had trouble trying to move it before it decompressed properly - I tried hefting it about immediately after removing the wrapping, and it was flimsy as a wet noodle. After an hour or so, it firmed up a bit and became a lot more maneuverable.

I don’t have much experience with Tempurpedics, but from the perspective of a very lanky male (~130lbs, 6’0"), it’s near perfect for me. It’s firmer than the Cloud Luxe, but I think in a good and supportive way. I’ve discovered I don’t like pillowtops, so take that as you will. The Ecogel felt a bit more plush and cool than this Ultimate Dreams Gel mattress - the layer of actual gel in the Ecogel might be the reason there. So far, the Ultimate Dreams Gel does not seem to get hot at night - I used to sometimes wake from sweating, but the climate/environment was also much different from where I am now (sleeping in humid mid-70’s vs semi-humid 60’s now). It does get warm and cozy, though. I have a Luna mattress protector, cotton sheets, and a silk comforter.

A part of me wants to say the Ecogel would have been “perfect,” but another part wants to slap the Ecogel guy around a bit with a large trout. I’m extremely satisfied with the mattress, it is much more than what I expected from a mattress.

Hi heyytonytony,

I’d probably pay admittance to see a video of that :slight_smile:

thanks for the great feedback.

Phoenix

OK, I’ve spent about a week on the ultimate dream, on top of a mattresses.net wooden frame. The mattress itself is very comfortable, and is supporting both me and spouse very well. My only complaint: the thing still reeks. (I guess this is “off gassing”?). Granted I don’t notice it unless I’m putting face to mattress, but the first few nights my t-shirt would smell like rubber. I guess it’s fading but I expected that to happen faster.

The frame is as expected too, although after getting it I kind of wished I’d have spent a weekend building one on my own with $50 of home-depot lumber. (If you look at the pix you can do it, it’s pretty straightforward.) I screwed the slats down and it’s very sturdy.

All in all I’m pretty satisfied with the selection… “Tempurpedic” feel for Costco price. Thanks for this forum and everyone’s input!

Hi BmoreE,

Did you end up ordering the latex anyway? I thought from your previous post that you were leaning towards memory foam.

Either way though … the smell will dissipate fairly quickly although the smell of latex (which people usually describe as a sweetish smell with Latex International Talalay) may last a little longer although most people don’t consider it “offensive”.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix

To clarify, it was the ultimate dream foam mattress, so no latex. (Aside from the free pillow which I can’t yet tell if I really like or not!) I do really enjoy the feel of the foam however.