Egg crate/convoluted LATEX layer?

We are pretty close to buying a FloBed vZone mattress (not happy with being stuck with one configuration in our current PLB mattress). The only thing that is holding us back right now is the top “convoluted” layer. I am a side sleeper, but I HATE sinking into a mattress. I find “plush” mattresses make it too hard to use a pillow because I sink in too far (and I am 5’2", ~130 lbs, so I don’t much “shoulder space” to give up). The only thing they have been able to tell me is that it improves circulation and improves pressure point relief. But how does that translate into how it feels/performs? I am worried that it will be too soft for me and I will end up frustrated like I have been with other toppers (no used on FloBeds). I remember reading a post here that someone was able to get them to substitute a solid layer for the convoluted layer, but that doesn’t seem to be an option now. Does anyone have any experience with FloBeds or egg crate layers that you can share? Thank you in advance!

Hi Bazinga,

They would know more about their own materials than I would of course but you can see some comments about convoluted layers in general in post #2 here and about the Flobeds convoluted layer in the reply to question #4 in post #4 here.

A 2" convoluted layer wouldn’t allow you to sink in very far before you “reached” the firmer layers underneath it but according to the reply to question #2 in their blog post here … if you’ve tried their mattress with the convoluted layer and decide that you wish to exchange it then they will replace it with a solid layer of your choice between 22 and 36 ILD.

Phoenix