Englander innerspring mattress reviews

I need to purchase an innerspring mattress for guest room in rural area. Local retailer only carries Englander. Are they ok? Have read some rather mixed reviews on-line

Hi Arielz,

The brand label on a mattress has little meaning because a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of all the materials inside it regardless of which manufacturer’s label is on the mattress. Without this information about a specific mattress you are consdering (including the type and thickness of each layer or component, the density of any polyfoam or memory foam, and the type and blend of any latex) there is no way to make an assessment of any mattress, identify any weak links it may have in terms of durability, or make meaningful quality or value comparisons with other mattresses.

Englander is a licensing group which has different independent factories in different areas of the country that make their mattresses. They all make a very wide range of mattresses all the way from very low quality all the way to very high quality and in some areas they also make a lot of “house brands” for certain retailers.

As you can see in post #13 here … online reviews are mostly meaningless because they are generally written soon after a purchase, often mistake the comfort or support of a mattress with the quality of a mattress (and they have nothing to do with each other), have few specifics about the materials and layers in a mattress, and few specifics about the body types and sleeping positions of the person using them.

If you let me know the city or zip you live I may know of some possibilities that are within reasonable driving distance but since the mattress will be for a guest room and you won’t need to test it for PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) then an online purchase can make a lot of sense as well since the mattress doesn’t have to “match” a specific person.

Some of the manufacturing members here which specialize in selling mattresses online and which have some of the best quality/value in the country are listed in post #21 here.

Phoenix