Entry Level Vi-Spring

I am interested in Vi-Spring but unfortunately only the entry level models are really in my price range. I saw this comment from one of your partners (stores) who sells them in another message:

“if you are looking at the entry level visprings, you may be better off spending your money on the PRana beds. The basic vispring elite, for example, just isn’t worth it for the majority of people.”

I was wondering if someone could elaborate on why the entry level wouldn’t be worth it. It seems like the materials among the Vi-spring line are pretty similar but there are differences in the coil count.

Thanks.

Hi Smytrous,

You are probably referring to the comments in post #2 here and I would also read my comments in the links I posted in the reply that follows (about Prana as well because Matt was cautioning about purchasing this as well for the same reasons I would)

Post #3 here (and the rest of the topic) would also be worth reading about buying an entry level Vi Spring.

In general I would tend to avoid buying an entry level Vi Spring mattress (this would be true for other premium lines as well) unless you are also in a budget range that would be comfortable with some of the more costly models above it so that you are making a choice based on which mattress is best for you rather than only having a single option to choose from because in most cases the lowest end model wouldn’t be the best choice in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and these are not the type of mattresses where compromising on budget is a good idea because you may also be compromising on PPP. People that purchase a lower end VI Spring are often purchasing a brand name rather than a mattress that is the best match for them in terms of PPP which isn’t the most effective approach in buying a mattress because you will have the brand but you may not sleep as well on the mattress than on many other mattresses that you could have purchased.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

If you are one of the small minority that an entry level Vi Spring was clearly the best match for you in terms of PPP compared to the other models in the line and a wide range of other mattresses that are available to you that use equally durable materials, would also be very suitable choices, and are in a much lower budget range than the Vi Spring … and if the differences between the Vi Spring you are considering and the other mattresses you are comparing it to are significant and compelling enough to justify the much higher cost, then you may be in the smaller minority where it may be worth considering but I think that in reality this would be a very small percentage of people and for most people there would be many other mattresses available that are equally as suitable, just as durable, and would be much a much more suitable and better “value” purchase.

Phoenix