Euro size latex mattress and wooden slats in the US?

Hi there,
I moved from Europe to NY years ago and I brought my bed with me, a European queen size, which is a few inches wider than the standard US queen size. I’m looking for a new latex mattress and I have now three options: buy a US queen mattress and have a 1-2 inch “gap” on each side of the bed (the bed being wider than the mattress), buy a new bed with the mattress, or buy a custom sized latex mattress in the US. I would prefer the latter, if possible. Do you know if there’s any company that sells natural latex mattress and also wooden slats in custom sizes (63x78 inches)? I assume there would be an extra cost. If the price difference is not outrageous it might be worth it.

I fond this site while I was searching. I know nothing about them. Latex Mattresses | GOLS Certified Organic | FoamOrder
They do make custom sizes and deliver for free.

Hi childlost,

In addition to Foam Order, some of the manufacturers listed in post #21 here could also make a custom size for you (you would need to call them to confirm which ones) and there may also be some local manufacturers that can make custom sizes (mattress or foundation) as well.

If you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of any I’m aware of that are close to you.

In most cases they would charge you for the next larger size up.

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix. I live in NYC, zip code 10012. Appreciate your help.

Hi childlost,

Some of the better options in the NYC area are listed in post #2 here and post #7 here also has a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of many of them.

A few phone calls will tell you which of the manufacturers on the list can make the custom size you are looking for.

Phoenix