European Sleepworks Children's Bed vs. Nest Bedding Q3 Jr. Latex

My 3yo son is ready to move to his first bed, and I have narrowed down his mattress options to the European Sleepworks Children’s mattress (Children's Mattress | Berkeley CA | European Sleep Works; this is their $399, non-latex less expensive version) and the Nest Bedding Q3 Jr. Latex Q3 Nest Bedding Latex Mattress ; looking at the $599 blended cover option). I prefer something on the firmer side, though I’m not sure my son cares one way or the other.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with either mattress? Or any other mattress recommendations in this price range in the SF Bay Area?

Hi SFmommy,

Hopefully any of the forum members that have purchased either mattress will see your post and share their thoughts about them.

Both of these mattresses use high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in either of them and they both meet the guidelines for children in post #2 here so they would both make a very suitable and durable choice for your child. If you tend to sit on the edge of the bed for “story time” it would also be worthwhile testing for the edge support of each mattress although it wouldn’t make a difference in terms of sleeping.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the San Francisco area are listed in post #2 here.

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses or their specs or prices that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor or have available online (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on any local or online lists is always a good idea before you decide on which retailers or manufacturers you wish to deal with anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the materials in their mattresses, and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in that are also in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in considering and/or visiting (if they are local) based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

Phoenix