everything hurts - sinking into memory foam

Thanks for sharing your lovely story

Iā€™m 6ā€™ 1" and weigh 210. Until losing weight over the winter I was in the 240s, so that didnā€™t help with that sinking feeling because the mattress wonā€™t forget your old weight! Part of the issue stems from having a long torso ( only 32" inseam )and broad upper back so my arms donā€™t sink in at all when on my back. Itā€™s like being stuffed into a too narrow casket!. When on back I donā€™t really need a pillow because I sink practically down to the level of my neck. So the mattress exasperates all my aches snd pains. Orhopedically itā€™s a nightmare. So Iā€™m going to purchase a ViscoSoft 4" Gel Memory foam matress topper. Hopefully will help.

Hey SILKYTHEGOAT,

Welcome to TMUā€™s forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

Congrats on your weight loss efforts, 30+ lbs. is great progress :slight_smile: ! You are heading in a healthier weight range direction, which should also translate into better sleep for you, all other things being equal. Are you exclusively a back sleeper? What type mattress are you using and what size is it? How old is your mattress? In any case, something seems amiss and perhaps we can help pinpoint the source of your aches and pains. Also, what sort of foundation are you using with your mattress? Looking forward to your reply and your thoughtsā€¦ :wink: .

Sensei