evo sleep harbor plush

Hi,

This site has been very helpful during my mattress search. Originally, I was gong to get the Costco Novaform mattress, but then changed my mind after sitting on the small version of it at the store. I visited some big box retailers last week end to look at Tempur-Pedic’s and was quickly put off by the big box stores for many reasons…

After seeing Urban Mattress as a suggested store on this site, I visited Urban Mattress today in Denver and spent some time on Sherwood mattresses. While I loved the Evo Sleep Bio-Temp Retreat Ultra Plush Eurotop Mattress, the price is too high for my budget. I spent almost a half hour on the Evo Sleep Harbor Plush Mattress, which is a bit more in line with my budget. It was described as a budget friendly version of the Evo Sleep Bio-Temp Retreat Ultra Plush.

Anyways, I’d appreciate any thoughts/experiences on the Evo Sleep mattresses or if anyone else has any comparable recommendations.

Thanks!

Hi cls721,

You can see some of my comments about the Harbor Plush in post #6 here.

I would continue your search so that you can find a mattress that your testing indicates is similar in terms of PPP (you won’t be able to know based on the specs of a mattress) but uses a little higher quality materials unless you are in such a low budget range that there are no higher quality options available.

You’ve probably seen this but just in case you haven’t … some of the better options and possibilities in the Denver area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks! I’ll try to check out Sleep Nation tomorrow. I’ve checked out a few other spots on the list but they were a little out of budget.

NOTE: I would not recommend Sleep Nation. I was less than impressed and did not purchase a mattress there solely based on the customer service. The salesperson was too gimmicky and pressuring–he was not knowledgeable about the products. Additionally, they will start slashing prices to get you to buy right away–for instance, they were slower this week end and were ready to sell me a $2300 mattress for $1800 if I agreed to buy today.

Hi cls721,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience at SleepNation and I certainly don’t like to hear about these type of “high pressure” tactics.

I’m guessing that Sean (the owner) wasn’t working today as he is very knowledgeable and doesn’t engage in these types of sales practices and I don’t think he would be happy to hear about your experience at his store. It may be worthwhile calling him tomorrow and letting him know about your experience.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
Just a note to let you know that I ended up purchasing a mattress from Sean which arrives tomorrow. I reached out to him about my experience, and he was absolutely wonderful and made it right.

Hi cls721,

Thanks for the update and I’m glad to hear that Sean made things right for you! Your initial experience was surprising to me (and I would imagine to him as well).

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Thanks again for bringing us up to date and letting us know what happened.

Phoenix