Excited, just took the plunge and ordered the Tuft & Needle

We’ve been talking and talking about getting a new mattress, but just couldn’t commit. We were scared we’d hate it and be stuck. Neither one of us wanted to go thru the hassle of returning, want it right the 1st time. We are sleeping on an old beautyrest that I must admit served us well for years. Unfortunately Simmons doesn’t make them like they used to. Awhile back ordered the Dormeo thru Brookstone, but was delivered damaged twice and never even made it into the house (wasn’t going for a 3rd delivery).

Spoke with Kelly at Tuft and Needle many times yesterday and she was wonderful. Oh and ordered the 8 inch wood foundation from Sleep EZ to go with it.

Hi Dian,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix, I definitely will.

Both mattress and wood foundation from Sleep Ez arrived Monday. Wasn’t able to actually put it out till today. Have to say, the mattress only has a smell if you put your nose right to it. I am one of those people that has a heightened sense of smell and was prepared for the mattress to stink. What a pleasant surprise. We are going to let it air out for a day because I’m sure it would bother me if I sleep on it tonight . From what it feels like now, it seems perfect. I hope it doesn’t soften up, I like the firm feeling with pressure point relief.

I’ll keep you posted. My husband is really excited, especially because of the reasonable price for a king. He wanted a temperpedic , but no way. It smells and sleeps hot, plus I hate memory foam.

Hi dian,

Thanks for taking the time to share an update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We decided to give it another day to air out. Plan on sleeping on it tonight and will let you know how it was.

Ok, 1st night. My husband is in heaven, slept soundly and said he woke up with no pain. I felt a little stiff, but after a few minutes felt great. I didn’t sleep as soundly, although the mattress was comfortable, I think I need to adjust to not sleeping on a coil mattress (been sleeping on a simmons beautyrest for over 12 years). The mattress is firm, but not hard. Now we need new pillows.

Hi dian,

So far so good :slight_smile:

As you know there will be an initial break in and adjustment period with any new mattress that is different from what you were used to (see post #3 here) and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a while.

The pillow topic here may be helpful.

Phoenix

It’s been almost a week now and have to say we’re really impressed. My husband has never slept better, I’m still getting used to it. I have to say, the quality is good, we are both a bit overweight and no soft spots or sinking in (firm, but not hard). Both of us have no sciatica pain when we wake up. He bought a temperpedic pillow and loves it, I still have to find a good pillow. By the way, the bed has no smell whatsoever.

My personal feeling is if you are looking for a soft mattress, you’ll sink into, Tuft and Needle may not be for you. One day we went into NYC and I tested out the Casper mattress. This feels completely different, much better for me at least.

For the price T&F is charging and the generous return policy, it’s a great deal. I feel it’s well made.

Hi dian,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just want to update everyone on our experience sleeping on this mattress. We are very happy with it and feels exactly the same as it did when we got it. Because I sleep hot and wanted a little more softness on the top, I purchased a Stearns & Foster mattress pad at Bed Bath and Beyond. It gives me just enough softness. We are happy with the mattress and find it very supportive. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend T&N, unless someone wants a very soft mattress. For the price, it is a great deal.

Hi dian,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … I appreciate it once again :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that your mattress choice (with the mattress pad) worked out so well for you.

Phoenix

Just to update, we’ve had our tuft and needle for almost a year now and still very comfortable. I haven’t noticed any compressions in the mattress and it has softened a bit (but in a comfortable way cause we’re side sleepers). I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this mattress.

Hi dian,

Thanks once again for sharing your one year update :slight_smile:

Phoenix