Feedback on First DIY Build

I wanted to start out by stating I contemplated building my own mattress for almost 2 years. I have been adding Latex toppers to previous purchased mattresses over the years and found they helped but were not the solution for adding layers on top of existing degraded foam. I have always bought premium mattresses and price was of little concern over comfort. The problem is all the foam used by mattress manufacturers start slowly breaking down month after month. Even dual sided flippable mattresses become really uncomfortable after 3-7 years. I’m a side sleeper for the most part, and occasionally sleep on my back. I’m 62 year old male 6-foot 240 lbs. and have been in construction since I was 17 years old. Wife is 5’5" and probably 150 lbs.

I finally pulled the trigger on the last day of March (2023) and purchased my components at Arizona Premium Mattress. I purchased the following for our king sized build:

Two (2) - Size = TwinXL, All Natural Talalay Latex Core (6-inch thick) Firmness ILD = #35-39
One (1) - Size = King, All Natural Talalay Latex Topper (3-inch thick) Firmness = Firm
One (1) - Size = King, All Natural Talalay Latex Topper (3-inch thick) Firmness = Medium
One (1) - Size = King, King Bamboo - Wool Zippered Mattress Cover Depth = 12"

My wife and I put it together in about 35 minutes and placed/built it upon the top of existing box spring set (approximately 5 years old). I have to say I am completely thrilled with this purchase and setup. I had originally contemplated utilizing a Combi-Zone Pocket Coil by Leggett and Platt but decided to simply go with the latex core. I have no idea how this would have affected the finished product, but I am so happy with this setup. I have had the best nights sleep in the past week than I have had in at least 2 decades, as I always had pressure point problems on my hips that would cause me to roll from right side, to back, to left side several times during the night. This problem has been completely alleviated.

Would I do anything different? I don’t believe so, and I am sure this build will last and be comfortable for years to come – when the time comes should I need to, I will simply unzip and replace the top 3-inch topper for a very reasonable cost.

I would at least give Ken a call and check out their products.