Finding a great mattress outlet

Hey Cooper7,

Here are a couple of earlier searches from people looking around Albany.

This post about NY/CT/Albany region may be helpful.

Also, post#2 at this link was once used for factory direct near albany.

Thanks
Sensei

Sorry, I donā€™t know how to make a new post, but do you have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction for a good outlet for mattress shopping in Shreveport, LA or Alexandria, LA. I searched the forums but the most recent posts are from 2-3 years ago and some of the retailers suggested do not carry the brand anymore or are no longer in business. One suggestion was for ā€œRestonicā€ at a chain called Ivan Smith. When I read the ā€œtop 20ā€ post made Restonic did not seem like a great company. Is this still a suggestion, or are there others that might be better? I looked at La-Z-boy and liked a few beds, but the guy didnā€™t really know about what the layers were and basically pointed me to the attached information for the beds.

Hi dfuelleman,

Welcome to the mattress forum :)!

Unfortunately, we have decided to discontinue the provision of listings of potential retailers in various geographic regions (unless they are already approved site members), because of the difficulty in maintaining such lists in a retail landscape that is constantly changing, and most importantly the confusion it was created with the consumer-members who incorrectly assumed that these businesses had indeed gone through the strict qualification process and were approved as members of The Mattress Underground. Such an assumption was unfair to both the consumers seeking assistance, as well as the very businesses and manufacturers who meet the criteria to become Trusted Members of The Mattress Underground.

You are correct that some of the searches are 2-3 years old but yes there are some good Restonic beds in the market, but the lack of transparency regarding product specs from them or any of the retailers makes it difficult to comment upon the particular beds you mention.

If you find any of the beds you tried and you manage to find the specifications feel free to post them here and weā€™ll do our best to comment upon it.

Phoenix

My wife and I are considering a Purple mattress but at first, the cost was too much. We then found out that one of the executives at our local outlet is a good friend who said he can get a mattress for us at his cost of 50% off. This would put it into our price range however, we would not get the 100-day return guarantee. Is Purple worth it? I have read your article on cell tops and it appeared expense was the biggest concern. Does the Purple mattress have a good core?