Finding best local manufacturers & retail outlets

This website states that: “We will help you find the best local manufacturers and retail outlets in your area.” I wasn’t able to find this advice - can you please provide a link to it?

Hi EileenT,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I think you’re referring to one line in a paragraph describing the consumer membership in The Mattress Underground:

In addition to the resources available on this site, our mattress forum offers personal guidance about your situation and an “analysis” of any mattress you may be considering. We will help you find the best local manufacturers and retail outlets in your area and if you choose to purchase from one of our members, you will also receive the additional membership discount simply by letting them know you are a member of The Mattress Underground. With the help of the resources on this website and the personal guidance from our forum, you will quickly learn how to separate “stories” from fact. Most important of all, you will be able to find the manufacturers and retail outlets who will give you information you can trust to be accurate and helpful … outlets that care more about helping you buy a great mattress than they do about “making the sale” or putting profit and commission above your long term satisfaction.

The goal of this site isn’t to find retailers for you, but to provide you the resources in order for you to learn how to evaluate and select an appropriate and quality mattress, such as in the mattress shopping tutorial here, or advice about selecting a retailer in this article here.

A great place to start your shopping would be the members of this site. I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They are extremely knowledgeable about mattresses, and I would not hesitate to recommend any of them for your consideration.

If you are thinking of shopping locally, you can provide your zip code and I can see if I am aware of any better possibilities in your area.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I looked at the list of members, but didn’t see any in my area, which is zip 83703. I have read the tutorial and sure do appreciate the help. It’s still all pretty overwhelming, and would greatly simplify things if my husband and I could zero in on jus( one or two shops that are known to be knowledgeable and offer quality products.

• Eileen

Hi EileenT,

Subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here… the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Boise area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

I don’t know if the admins allow but I seen the thread and figured I chime in since I know a little about it, remove admin if I’m in violation. But I’ve had my run in with mattress retailers intimately and again I’ll try to keep it classy and not call out well known retailers. Nonetheless, my point simply was check out Conn’s Homeplus, they’re a smallish privately owned retailer that’s been expanding nationally.