Firm Latex Mattress

I am looking for a firmest latex mattress. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
HM

Hi hmediset,

A 3" layer of ultra firm Dunlop (over 40 ILD) on a firm foundation would probably be much firmer than most people would be comfortable with but it’s probably not a realistic choice for most people to use as a mattress (and you may bottom out on it as well which would be even firmer than if it still had “room” to compress further). Perhaps the most realistic choice would be an ultra firm 6" layer that was over 40 ILD. Your own testing though is the most reliable way to know which mattress would be “firm enough” for you and would be a suitable choice for you in terms of PPP.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area where you can do some testing that would give you a better reference point for the combination of layers and firmness levels that would fit your criteria.

Phoenix

Thank you Pheonix! Appreciate you response. I live in Round Rock, Tx - 78681. I was also thinking about the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Firm Latex Mattress, King from Amazon. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,
Harish.

Hi hmediset,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Austin area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

As you probably know … Dreamfoam is one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them and their quality, value, service, and transparency and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry.

The Ultimate Dreams latex is available with a firm comfort layer (you can check with them for the ILD) but the support layer may be softer than this so I don’t know if the support layer would be as firm as you were looking for because I don’t have any reference points for what you consider to be firm or soft (a mattress that feels firm to one person can feel much softer to someone else).

When you can’t test a mattress in person though then the best source of guidance about the options they have available and whether it may be a suitable choice for you would be a more detailed conversation with Dreamfoam on the phone (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) since they will know more about their own mattresses and how they “feel” than anyone else.

If you are considering a Dreamfoam mattress then I would also consider purchasing it from their Dreamfoam site here because they are 10% less and they also have a 45 day comfort guarantee that isn’t available with an Amazon purchase.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix. I will talk to Dream foam and check on the firmness. Any suggestions on the box springs or bases for the dream foam bed?

Thanks,
Harish.

Hi hmediset,

Dreamfoam sells a foundation and a platform bedframe that would both be a suitable choice.

The foundation post here also has more information about the different types of foundations or support systems that will generally work best for different types of mattresses and includes some good sources for each of them as well.

Phoenix