Firmness of Dunlop Latex 2'' "medium" topper

Hi sleep_easier,

My comments about choosing a topper in post #2 here would be the same as i would reply to you as well.

While it would depend on the firmness of the mattress you are using it on and on your own body type, sleeping style, preferences, and sensitivities … based on “averages” a 30 ILD Dunlop topper would probably be somewhat firmer than “most people” would choose.

While there really isn’t much I can add to the information in the post I linked and the topper guidelines it links to … unless there is a specific reason not to I would probably tend to choose a softer topper than the 30 ILD topper that you currently have and if you are looking for “a little to a fair bit” of additional softness then 2" would probably be a reasonable and “average” choice … although again the only way to know for certain whether any mattress/topper combination would be a good “match” for you and your girlfriend in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP will be based on your own personal experience.

If it’s still not soft enough then you could certainly try an additional inch as well.

Phoenix