Flexible wood slat foundation/latex mattress

I have tried searching and am not sure i this has been answered before, but would an all-latex mattress (such as brooklyn bedding total latex) work on a flexible slatted frame such as the Handy Living frame on Amazon? It appears the spacing is 2.5" between slats, but I’m just not sure if the non-flexible middle section would be felt under the 10 inch thick mattress? Thanks for any help!

Hi doomby,

You can see my comments about the Handy Living foundation here. I personally wouldn’t use it under an all latex mattress both because the slats aren’t rigid and it doesn’t appear to be very strong to me (although in fairness I haven’t seen it in person).

Phoenix

Generally speaking flexible slat systems can be beneficial however this type of slat system is one that I really recommend avoiding particularly for heavier mattresses like latex.

The curved or cambered slats can be of benefit if the slats are mounted onto some type of suspension typically polymer suspensions or in some cases latex could be used as a suspension. The suspension under the slats is important because without the suspension the only part that flexes is the slats themselves which in this case could easily bend to be less than flat. It will basically hammock underneath the heavier parts of your body when you are sleeping on it.

I have had numerous customers experience comfort issues due to this exact same design which is emulated and used extensively in a lot of cheaper case goods brought over from Asia.

Cheers,
Daniel