Flobed latex mattress

Hello,

I’ve done extensive research on latex mattresses, most of which started from this site. Thank you for making your exhaustive knowledge on mattresses available. It has been so helpful!

I am presently interested in the Flobed Original Deluxe mattress. In order to test out the experience, I am planning on visiting a store that carries Savvy Rest Serenity beds and their Serenity pillow top beds. I think testing these Savvy Rest mattresses will be most similar to the latex Flobed because you can customize the firmness of the talalay latex layers inside the bed. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both of these beds and can confirm that they are comparable.

Also I would love to hear any reviews on Flobed deluxe latex mattresses. When I search the forum, I seem to find a lot on their mattress toppers, but not much on their mattresses.

Here are links to the mattresses I’ve mentioned above:

Flobed Deluxe Original Latex
https://www.flobeds.com/products/6298QU

Savvy Rest Serenity

Savvy Rest Serenity Pillow top
http://www.savvyrest.com/products/organic-mattresses/serenity-pillowtop

Thank you for help.
KC

Hi Kellycoomber,

It can be somewhat challenging to try and match one mattress to another based on specs or theory because any differences between them in terms of types of material, firmness or thickness of layers, types of cover and quilting, or any other differences in design can be cumulative and different people will have a different level of sensitivity to any objective or subjective differences between two mattresses. there is more about trying to “match” one mattress to another in post #2 here.

Having said that … Savvy Rest uses 100% natural Talalay as one of their options which is also one of the options used by FloBeds so in terms of the type and quality of any 100% natural Talalay latex in their mattresses they would be the same. If the material is the same and the ILD and layer thickness of all the layers are also the same and the cover and quilting is also very similar or the same then the mattresses would be very comparable in terms of feel and performance.

If there are differences between them … and one of the differences would be that Flobeds uses a convoluted 2" topper for the top layer in their standard configuration (although they can also change this on request) … then comparing them would require some intuitive “translation” to estimate their “equivalence” and this is as much of an art as it is a science. In this case it’s always best to talk directly with a manufacturer about how their mattresses may differ or compare to a mattress you are testing as a reference. They may also have some direct experience with a mattress you are testing or feedback from customers that have tried both that they could share with you.

Flobeds is one of the members here which means I think very highly of their knowledge and experience and the service and guidance they provide to their customers as well as the quality and value of their mattresses (particularly since they introduced their reduced everyday pricing). Of course it goes without saying that their latex mattresses are all very high quality since Talalay latex (blended or 100% natural) is a high quality material. Their vZone is also unique in terms of being able to create a custom zoned mattress for those who are more difficult to “fit” although this can also add some complexity to your choices because the arrangement of the zoning is an important part of the feel and performance of the mattress.

The “best” source of the insights and guidance that can help you compare a mattress to another similar mattress is always a phone call with the manufacturer themselves. They will know more about their mattresses and the likely suitability of each of their options for different body types and sleeping styles than anyone else and they will also be the most likely source of the knowledge and experience that can help you “translate” one mattress design into another.

Phoenix

Dear Phoenix,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I think that’s good advice and I will give Flobed a call and ask them directly. I will post again, with my experiences once I’ve tested and made a purchase.

Thank you, again.
KC