Flobed Recommendation?

I did a Google search and didn’t see many reviews or posts about Flobeds. Having looked through posts here I see that there are several manufacturers that many use. But we are still very (VERY) reluctant to buy a bed we can’t try first - or least return with no questions asked. As it so happens, we live in No Cal and can get to the Flobed location in a reasonable drive. Given that we can try the beds out there, and they can work with us to customize one right there, it makes us feel better about using them instead of some of the other brands people talk about a little more often here. Does anyone have any recent experience with Flobeds, or really I guess anything positive or negative to say about their beds?

Hi jwilock,

As you probably know Flobeds is one of the members here which means I think highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms or quality, value, and service.

Their vZone is also unique because it has customizable zones and can be very useful for those who are more difficult to “fit” to a mattress. You can read more about it in post #4 here.

A forum search on flobeds (you can just click this) will bring up many posts (currently about 400) that mention them that include more information and feedback from the members here.

You are fortunate to live close by where you can test their mattresses in person instead of making a choice based on a more detailed phone conversation and the “averages” of other people that are similar to you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix

We were in your exact situation a few months ago with the same concerns. I had never even heard of latex mattresses until I was fortunate enough to find this site with all its information. After hours and hours if not days of reading here we decided that latex was something we needed to give a try. We kind of focused on Flobeds just because they are within a days drive and this would be too big of a purchase for us sight unseen. In talking to Dave and Dewey at Flobeds I found out that there are 2 or 3 B&B’s in the Ft. Bragg/Mendocino area that have their mattresses in the rooms so we decided to make a mini vacation of it and spent a couple of nights sleeping on latex just to see what it was like.

To make a long story short we ended up liking the feel of the vzone mattress in the showroom best and ended up ordering it in split-king in the firmness levels that Dewey recommended for us. It arrived by UPS on schedule and we have been sleeping on it for about a month and a half now and could not be more satisfied. With our old mattress it seemed like we would have to turn over every hour or so because of a sore hip or shoulder and now that’s not the case and we sleep much better.

Wow, I wish I knew about the motels that used their beds. We too decided to make a very short little “vacation” out of this, but have already reserved a motel for one night in Ft Bragg and then a really nice inn at Little River for a couple more nights. Of course, nice to hear you like your bed too. I plan to call them before we go up so they are ready for our visit, and maybe after chatting a bit with them they can even take a shot a having something set up for the two of that might meet our needs (me about a foot taller and 40 pounds heavier than her).