flobed vs cozy pure

I am shopping for a latex bed. My wife and I are in our early 70’s. She has multiple health problems such as arthritis in her shoulders, fibromyalgia for 40 years, neuropathy in her feet, and she is a type 2 diabetic.

I have looked at flobed and cozy pure. Flobed has a lot more info on their website and returns would be easier to do. It appears cozy pure would be more expensive and harder to do returns. I did send our height, weight, and other info to flobed who emailed me and suggested their bed with all the interchangable latex layers, the one you said it seemed a little over the top. Cozy pure is much lower in price however they do not have the options to make adjustments. I looked through the forum and I saw hardly any mention of Cozy Pure and their web site had very few customer reviews. I am 6’ 165 lbs my wife is 5’2" 205 lbs. Could you give me a comparison of the two companies?

Hi yarrlsouth,

The questions that most consumers usually ask with an email can often have much more nuanced answers or answers that start with “it depends” and then a long list of variables that will change the answer. Because of this … most manufacturers realize that email or other types of written communications can often be incomplete or misleading and can often require back and forth replies over the course of several days or sometimes even weeks which otherwise could have been dealt with in a few minutes on the phone.

Because emails or written communications have much less “tone” and context they can be many times more time intensive than phone calls to get to more accurate and meaningful answers or to discern any “unasked questions” that need to be answered before the question itself can be answered with any meaning and these can’t be dealt with nearly as effectively with written communications … and in some cases they will often go to the end of the priority list. Many times what a consumer believes is a simple question about layering or material specs is actually much more complex than they may realize and they can take a lot of thought (and time) to try and discern what is really being asked. Questions that consumers tend to ask often need “question” type of replies before any more meaningful or personalized answer can be given.

Because of all the complexities or “unasked questions” that can be involved … if you are considering an online purchase I would make sure you have a more detailed phone conversation with any retailer or manufacturer you are considering before you make a purchase and I would limit email or any written communication to questions that have a “yes or no” answer or questions that have at most a single sentence or “black and white” answer. When you can’t test a mattress in person then a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer or retailer who can help “talk you through” which of the options they have available would likely be the best choice for you is one of the most important parts of a successful purchase (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I’m not sure which mattress you mean but I if you mean the vZone then I certainly don’t believe it would be “over the top” so I’m not sure where you read this. You can see my thoughts about it here.

It may also be worth reading post #2 here and post #2 here which were replies to other members who were also considering Flobeds and Cozy Pure as well.

I personally wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from either of them and as you know they are both members of this site which means I think very highly of both of them and that they compete well with the best in the industry.

There is also more about the most important parts of a successful mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses. Both of them use high quality and durable materials in their mattresses and they would be closely comparable in terms of durability so the choice between them would be a matter of which one you believe would be the best match for you in terms of PPP and which one would be the best value for you based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix