Flobeds Natural Latex: Select vs Deluxe models

Hello all,

I recently graduated from college and moved into my new apartment and I’m about to purchase a bed for myself for the very first time. I consider my bed to be the most important piece of furniture I’ll invest in and so I’ve put considerable effort into researching the various options within my budget. I’m leaning toward Flobeds’ natural latex mattresses and am between their Select and Deluxe models. Is there any reason for going with the deluxe model other than the added customizability provided the extra layer?

At this point I’m really just trying to determine whether or not the higher price tag on the deluxe model is worth it for me. Some basic info about myself: I’m in my 20s, 5’7’', 152lbs, no back pain other than occasional mild soreness from working out.

The only bed that has ever caused me significant discomfort is the inflatable mattress I brought with me to my new apartment. In fact, I’ve opted to deflate it and cover it with a few blankets and a comforter so it’s really more of a mat with some sheets on it and I find that I sleep quite well on it like this. Regardless, I’m still quite anxious to upgrade from essentially sleeping on the floor :slight_smile:

Hi MDS0617,

The two main benefits would be the added thickness and as you mentioned the additional layering options you would have available to fine tune and customize the comfort and support of the mattress with the extra layer. There is more about the effect of greater thickness in post #14 here.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (such as Flobeds) and who can help “talk you through” which of the the different options they have available would have the best chance of success based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences than anyone else.

Phoenix