FloBeds vs SleepEZ and Foundations

I am 6 ft 280 lbs and my wife is 5 ft 150 lbs. We are both in our mid 40s and shift in sleep between back and side sleeping.

I am considering either a FloBeds Deluxe Organic Latex with one side at Xfirm, SuperFirm, SuperFirm and the ofther side at Medium, Firm, Firm.

Another option is SleepEZ 13 inch Organic with one side at Medium, Firm, XFirm, Xfirm and the other at soft, medium, firm, xfirm.

Can anyone help with pros/cons or other considerations between these configurations?

Also, we are considering the manufacturers foundation vs this…

Can anyone comment on this bed vs manufacturer foundation just on normal bed frame rails?

Lastly, can anyone comment on customer service between these two entities?

I contacted SleepEZ via email and found the response slow (ie, almost 2 wks for a reply but with an apology for being out of town).

I just contacted FloBeds today via email and mainly started looking at them because it took SleepEZ long to respond.

Thanks

Good luck.

My hubby & I are about the same as you & your wife in size. He likes firm & I like medium softness.

We are close to buying Brooklyn Bedding Essence because it has a natural cotton over wool, I can get a strong Dunlop Latex base, again natural, and 3" natural Talalay Latex top, dual side comfort. The cover requires no fire retardant because wool is naturally fire retardant & sleeps cool. No adhesives or poly foam, $2449.00. Free Shipping, No Tax Good customer service & return policy. Free pillows are a current Thank you gift.

I can have the side comfort I like & so can hubby in a material which is superior to blended latex & healthy to breath over.

Please post if you find something & let us know what you got.

That is the best deal I can find at the moment. Someone tell me if I can do better. I am a careful spender. I still would like flippable.

Hi snuggles 2013,

My wife and I purchased a Sleep EZ 10,000 with organic topper. I so far have found the bed to be great. I have made slight adjustments in the past month and think I have found my ideal configuration I only have slept on it for about 3 nights and I have been sick with a cold so I am still evaluating. I liked the 4 layers of latex because it gave me some additional flexibility of adjusting the bed to fit my PPP. I will say with our setup we have about a 13" to 14" high bed and it is a lot of mattress. We could of possible got away with just the 10,000 but due to my size 6’ 280 lbs we decided to go with the extra layer of latex.

I called Sleep EZ, left a message, and received a call back about 10 minutes later. Shawn was fantastic. No rush on purchasing the bed answered all the questions I had. Gave suggestions and thoughts on how to setup the bed. I called Sleep EZ about 3 or 4 times before I made our purchase. I haven’t had to switch out a layer of latex yet so I cannot comment on the ease of their layer exchange but another person commented on here about them switching out a layer and indicated it was very easy.

I would definitely encourage you to call and speak with Shawn rather than emails because a 10 minute conversation could cover about 2 weeks of phone calls. Also I would say the same if you want to go with Flobeds.

I hope this helps you out some!

Hi Snuggles2013,

Both of these are members of the site which means that I would consider them both to be among the best in the industry in terms of quality, value, and service.

They are both make component latex mattresses that allow you to customize your firmness choices for each layer (or each side) and with both of them you can either rearrange or exchange the layers after a purchase. The difference between them is in the details and specific options they have available and of course the cost.

SleepEz has more options for the type of latex they offer. They offer the choice of Dunlop, blended Talalay, and 100% natural Talalay and Flobeds has blended Talalay and 100% natural Talalay. SleepEz is also a simpler design with mainly 3" layers (the 9000 and one of their specials has a 2" top layer) while Flobeds is a little more complex design which includes a 2" convoluted topper and also offers a customizable vZone zoning system for those who are more difficult to “fit” to a mattress.

I would encourage you to talk with both of them in person rather than by email because you will find out much more detailed and meaningful information in a shorter period of time with a more in depth phone call than you will with days or even weeks of email exchanges where you may not even know the most important questions to ask or many of your questions may have an “it depends” in the “most accurate” answer.

Both of them have a great reputation for excellent customer service and they are both very informed and knowledgeable about their mattresses and the materials they use, provide good guidance to their customers, and will put their customers best interests ahead of their own (they educate rather than “sell”).

Both would make a great final choice.

[quote]Also, we are considering the manufacturers foundation vs this…

Can anyone comment on this bed vs manufacturer foundation just on normal bed frame rails?[/quote]

I would be a strong and suitable support system for a latex mattress although a solid surface doesn’t allow any airflow under the mattress which can be a risk factor with mold, mildew, and dust mites (see post #10 here). If there are no additional risk factors and you wanted the additional storage space it would probably be a worthwhile tradeoff.

Phoenix

Thanks a ton for the input.

Is this still a suitable options considering air flow and the solid surface??

Hi Snuggles2013,

Yes … it’s the reason I mentioned it in the post I linked and the bed rug would improve airflow reduce the risk of a solid support surface. Latex (vs less breathable foams) and any wool in the bottom of a mattress would also be factors that can reduce the risk.

Phoenix

Thanks again.

Is the bed rug just as suitable as a slat conversion such as this?

https://www.flobeds.com/products/foundations-legs/slats-for-platform.htm

Are there advantages / disadvantages between a bed rug and slat conversion on a platform bed?

For me, not knowing much about beds and mattresses, the bed rug seems more convenient and is a bit cheaper. The slat conversion looks less convenient, a little more expensive and for my application if the bed rug solves the airflow issues then the conversion seems overkill. I don’t have experience with a bed rug so don’t know if the slip or shift from general bed movements - that would be an annoyance.

In my case, I have the option of the bed rug or the slat conversion since all I’m after it seems is airflow- are there other considerations or is one better than the other for this application?

Hi Snuggles2013,

Both of them would provide good ventilation under the mattress to reduce the risk of a platform bed.

The slat conversion would be a more solid non flexing surface so it would provide more rigid and even support under the mattress than a bed rug which would have a little more flex (although the flex would be limited because it’s only an inch thick) and the non upholstered version is also a little less costly than the bed rug.

If all you are after is airflow on a platform bed then both would make suitable choices with the bed rug allowing just a little more flex under the mattress than the slat conversion.

Phoenix