Foam Sweet Foam vs Sleep EZ

Hello!

I would like to thank this forum and members for all of the information that I have been able to access. It has been a giant help! That said, I am now narrowed down to two mattresses; the 12" from Foam Sweet Foam and the Organic 13000 from Sleep EZ. I am just wondering of any thoughts I should consider before purchasing one of these.

My experience on a Latex mattress is limited only to laying on a PureBliss at the store last weekend. I did like it and knew latex was the best option for me and my spouse. However, after researching online, I now know there are much better options at the $3k price range, such as the FSF and 13000 Sleep EZ mentioned above. So I am pretty much buying these “blind”.

Also, I was originally thinking of getting completely talalay latex, but the FSF website (as well as other sites), seem to suggest going with 6 inches of talalay on top, and use dunlop for the bottom layers.

Any thoughts on either comparing the two mattress above, or the idea of splitting the mattress between talalay and dunlop?

I hope I am not coming across as lazy by asking you all to make my decision for me. I have spent considerable time going through all of the options to narrow it down to these two.

Thank you,
Matt

Hi geremiaunit,

Both of these mattresses are very similar in design but there are a few differences between them that may affect your choices.

Foam Sweet Foam (FSF) uses organic Dunlop for their Dunlop layers while SleepEZ uses 100% natural Dunlop (although they will provide organic Dunlop as an option). There is more about organic latex in post #6 here.

They also have slightly different exchange and return policies (see here for FSF and see here for SleepEZ).

As you know both of them are members of this site which means I think highly of them and I believe that both of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

There is also more about the differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here but the choice between them in any of the layers in a mattress would be a more a matter of preference than a “better/worse” choice.

When you have eliminated all the options that don’t meet your criteria and you are down to finalists that are choices between “good and good” and there are no clear “winners” between them then your final choice (see post #2 here) would be a matter of “best judgement” based on your more detailed conversations with each of them and all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including things like delivery times, return or exchange options, prices, the importance to you of buying a mattress that you can test locally, any bonuses that come with the mattress etc). You are in the fortunate position that either of them would most likely be a great quality/value choice that you would be happy with.

Phoenix

Thank you for your time and thought, Phoenix. It is of much help.

Ok, sorry but now I am a little confused…

Both the FSF and the SleepEZ can be 100% natural talalay (not sure from same manufacturer or not). With that, shouldn’t the mattresses be almost exactly the same if I were to get either in the 4 three inch layers? The only difference I can see in mattress quality would then relate to the mattress cover, correct?

I ask because in looking at what I think is “apples to apples”, they seem to be a very close comparison. However, the SweetEZ is approximately $500 cheaper, includes free pillows, and has a better return/trial policy.

I’m always skeptical to go with a cheaper option, since I do not want quality to suffer. What tangible pieces can justify the additional cost of FSF?

Hi geremiaunit,

FSF uses Latex International for their Talalay and SleepEZ uses Radium for their Talalay and since these are very similar the only meaningful differences if you choose Talalay for all the layers for both of them would be any smaller differences in the layers in terms of feel and firmness and any differences in the specifics of the covers (both are organic cotton quilted with wool). FSF also has a coupon page here that may narrow any difference a bit but the coupon would replace the TMU 5% discount and with SleepEZ you would have an additional 5% discount for being a member of the forum here.

In terms of function and quality they would be very similar so your final choice would probably be based on any of the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you outside of the actual mattresses themselves which are very similar.

Phoenix