FOR SALE: Brooklyn Bedding Total Latex 10" King - $899 OBO (Boston area) ***SOLD***

I am selling a king-size Brooklyn Bedding Total Latex 10" mattress that I’ve owned since August (~7 months old). Unfortunately, I have not been able to adjust to the latex feel and am looking to replace it with a more traditional mattress in the near future.

The mattress has been configured as follows:

1" Top Layer: Knitted bamboo ticking over natural wool
3" Comfort Layer: Blended talalay latex - 19 ILD / 28 ILD (split left & right)
6" Core Layer: Blended talalay latex - 32 ILD

This particular configuration is ideal for two people who prefer different levels of firmness. It comes from a non-smoking, no-pet home and has been protected by a mattress cover since delivery. A good deal more information is available from both the manufacturer’s website BrooklynBbedding and the posts of this forum, but I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.

This is a quality mattress

Located north of Boston in Lawrence, MA and asking $899 or best offer. Will take cash or credit card.

Dropped price to $999 OBO!

“Unfortunately, I have not been able to adjust to the latex feel”

Sorry, I’m not looking for a king, but I’m curious. What didn’t you like about your latex?

Hi rconn2,

I was never really able to resolve the issues I detailed here:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/bought-brooklyn-bedding-total-latex-need-advice

I tried different foundations and comfort layers / toppers, but I think I probably just needed a firmer core. That said, countless people have purchased the Total Latex with the 32 ILD core and found it ideal. I’m the odd duck, I suppose… Hope this helps to answer your question!

• Patrick

Dropped price to $899 OBO!

Hi Deorai
You are not the only “odd duck”.
I also had the same experience with all-latex (continuous pour M,F,F.) I’m only 130 lbs.
My issue could have been that I am 5’3" and was on zoned latex and the zoning wasn’t hitting me at the right places.
But overall I felt that all-latex could be extremely “firm” for my side sleeping but not “supportive” enough for both side and stomach sleeping.

I also have nothing but good to say about my seller. He was waaaay more than fair and was willing to go to any extreme to satisfy me but in the end I went back to springs.

For now, you could try a body pillow. It has worked WONDERS for my side sleeping and I can’t be without it. It really properly aligns the body and fixes that twisting problem. Bed, Bath &Beyond has great ones for about $40 that last between 6 months - 1 year.
I’ve needed one since I turned 40.

The new bed I’ve ordered is rather firm. I will need a latex topper but can only do 1" - 2". If you know of a local place in MA that sells them (natural - not synthetic or blended due to my allergies), please advise.

Best wishes

SOLD

Mattress has found a new home!

LookingNow, thank you for the advice! As for finding a topper, the only place I have personal experience with is The Clean Bedroom (www.thecleanbedroom.com). I visited their Kittery, ME store when I was initially looking for mattresses last year, and they had a wide selection of natural products. The staff was also very knowledgeable and provided a low-pressure experience. They have a Wellesley, MA location as well, so that might be worth a look. Aside from that, I can only suggest that you try contacting some of the companies Phoenix lists here. I wish you the best of luck in you search!

• Patrick

Hi deorai,

I’m glad you sold the mattress … I think that someone found a bargain :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi deorai
Glad it was able to find new owners.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I called Clean BR but the cost for a topper is more than my mattress
I will continue the search

Happy sleeping!