Forever Foundation

I’d like your opinion on this particular model of the Forever Foundation Platform line - the Forever Foundation PLUS MAX Platform
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: foreverfoundations.com/foundation/detail/forever-foundation-plus-max-6

I’d read before (2011 post) where you had thought them similar to a Sleep Science model which had bad reviews on Costco.com owing to noise issues and lack of durability. However, they couldn’t be more different: The Forever Foundation model is not a solid surface (it has a “fabric deck” to allow the mattress to breath and for added support) like the Sleep Science model, It also has 11 slats (Queen/King models) that are turned on their sides like joists (about 3" spacing) for extra stability. At a glance the 2 models may have appeared similar, but they are not (definitely not in price either). You had also mentioned that the Forever Foundation frame has no center support (it does not) but it is duty rated at over 4000lbs.
My question about the platform is whether or not you can corroborate the few reviews that say these frames can be noisy/creaky after time, and if you’ve heard that they do indeed require tightening every few months? I was told that the legs or glides need to be tightened to the point where the metal is crimped to stop the platform from being particularly noisy with movements. That seems strange to me. This foundation would be for a person in excess of 350lbs (it was intended for plus plus size people).

Hi HeavySleeper11,

[quote]I’d like your opinion on this particular model of the Forever Foundation Platform line - the Forever Foundation PLUS MAX Platform foreverfoundations.com/foundation/detail...oundation-plus-max-6
I’d read before (2011 post) where you had thought them similar to a Sleep Science model which had bad reviews on Costco.com owing to noise issues and lack of durability. However, they couldn’t be more different: The Forever Foundation model is not a solid surface (it has a “fabric deck” to allow the mattress to breath and for added support) like the Sleep Science model, It also has 11 slats (Queen/King models) that are turned on their sides like joists (about 3" spacing) for extra stability. At a glance the 2 models may have appeared similar, but they are not (definitely not in price either). You had also mentioned that the Forever Foundation frame has no center support (it does not) but it is duty rated at over 4000lbs.[/quote]

There have been a number of comments on the forum about previous versions of the forever foundation and if memory serves me right the version you were referring to had a solid surface with plastic panels although it’s possible that I was thinking that the polypropylene deck that they mentioned in the description was just the cover fabric. If this was the case then my comments about their previous version (which was similar to their current metro version) in post #154 here would have been more appropriate and I wouldn’t have suggested it either although for different reasons.

The version that you linked also has thin metal slats that are on edge or vertical rather than horizontal so only the thin edges of the slats would be supporting the mattress (which I believe are only about .75" thick) rather than the wider flat surface although as you mentioned they are 3" apart so they have smaller gaps than the previous (or metro) version. My comments about them would be similar to my comments for wire grid platform bedframes in post #10 here although the cross slats are thicker and closer together than the wires in most of them so I would say they were less risky in terms of a mattress sagging through the spaces than most of the others. IMO they would be suitable for most mattresses for most people (with the exception of mattresses that have a latex support core) but because of your higher weight/BMI range and because the surface area that is in contact with and supporting the mattress is much less than 50% of the total surface area I would be a little bit more cautious and would probably suggest a support system that has a larger surface area in contact with the mattress to reduce the chance of the mattress sagging into the gaps over time.

I don’t have any personal experience with these foundations (either the current or previous versions) and my comments were based on feedback I had read about the previous version and not on my own experience. While many if not most of the “wire grid” platform foundations have some feedback about squeaking … there isn’t a lot of feedback about the current version of the forever foundation and I have only seen one comment about creaking (see here) which would be the result of metal to metal contact points that aren’t completely tight and rub against each other with movement…

Phoenix